Any Interest In 2nd Annual Michigan Predators' Brewday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey leo thanks again for hosting a pretty awesome day. glad the weather kinda cooperated. good spread of beers and food as always when we get together.

Had a fantastic time yesterday. Lots of great beers going around, but I would have expected nothing less from this group. Great meeting everyone.:rockin:

who are you???

That was Mike, the guy who brought 4 bottles of final absolution for my birthday present. Tall skinny guy in a t-shirt, great personality and smart.

Thanks to all those who could make it, your presence was greatly enjoyed by all the others here Saturday. We had a good turnout, in spite of a nasty forecast, and there was very little rain compared to how the radar looked minutes before. Sorry for those that had things come up or had to go away for work, 'cause you missed one hell of a party.

To my knowledge, only yoop had a camera out, and I saw Bob trying to take some pics; not sure if Rick and Jenn took any pics-yoop won't be home until evening and may not get pics up tonite at all.

bsdx, I found your pint glass and it's fresh out of the dishwasher.

It was fun meeting Rachel (HotBreakHotel) and Tim, Mike (neovox), Adam (bsdx), and John (jspence1) for the first time, and awesome seeing all The Michigan Predators again-you guys are all wonderful people and excellent brewers and it is my pleasure hosting the Brewday, just to be able to see everyone all in one place again.

Rachel, I want the recipe for the soup!!

Bob and I made it home in just about 8 hours, with ONE bathroom and gas stop. We had a GREAT time. The food was fantastic, the beer was even better, and the company was bestest.

You guys are the greatest group of people I know. It was so wonderful seeing old friends again, and meeting new friends. HotBreakHotel- Bob really enjoyed your HWMO and called him a "great guy" on the way home.

Mike, you made me laugh so hard my jaws hurt later. Reedwalker and Jen were as fun as always, and I swear Jen is even more beautiful than last year. Erik, it was so nice to give see you again. Adam, you're JUST as I pictured you- and it was so nice meeting you. John, I'm so glad you came this time- just so you could see what you missed last year. Troy, I'm really glad you brought your dad and sorry to disappoint him with the news about Weasel's. Also, Troy you "won" the food comp in my mind with those ribs!

I know there are others I'm not remembering to mention by name at the moment. I have some pictures that Bob took and I'll try to get them posted tonight.

I have a few pictures:
DSCF5166.jpg
Yooper explaining to Reedwalker how to avoid a boilover. :D

DSCF5181.jpg
Henry Hill, BSDX (from behind), Neovox, Xiang

DSCF5173.jpg
During a brief rain, we clustered under the canopy or in the garage. In this picture, it's FSR402, Reedwalker, jspence1, Yooper, Neovox.

DSCF5174.jpg
Neovox, Yooper, jspence1

FSR's fabulous ribs!

Attachments

• DSCF5175.jpg
    DSCF5175.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 97
I put the cappelletti soup recipe in the recipe section.

Thanks Leo about the IPA!

Erik, pm me your email so I can send you the other recipe (too long)

I woul dlike to say that I'm pissed I missed the brewday, but my BIL took us to the UM game and otherwise we would have had to go to the firefighters competition. (The Liberator extraction device rocked hard, word has it!!!)

We stopped by Jolly Pumpkin and Arbor Brewing after the game and had a great time. JP's beers were just not as good as I expected. Food was real good though. Arbor Brewing had some very tasty beer. Had the cask IPA and it was so smooth and flavorful.

But the food and beer at both locations would have been well behind what was served at Brewday, I'm sure of it. I wonder if there is enough time left in the year to have just one more?

I woul dlike to say that I'm pissed I missed the brewday, but my BIL took us to the UM game and otherwise we would have had to go to the firefighters competition. (The Liberator extraction device rocked hard, word has it!!!)

We stopped by Jolly Pumpkin and Arbor Brewing after the game and had a great time. JP's beers were just not as good as I expected. Food was real good though. Arbor Brewing had some very tasty beer. Had the cask IPA and it was so smooth and flavorful.

But the food and beer at both locations would have been well behind what was served at Brewday, I'm sure of it. I wonder if there is enough time left in the year to have just one more?

Are you offering to host?

Are you offering to host?

I would really like to, but would have to do a bit of thinking about it and see if it would actually work out. I'm horrible at planning my own stuff (Which is why my brewdays are usually full of no-preparation).

Plus I'd have to take it up with the chain of command. But I'd like to.

If I do it would probably have to be in October lastest. You never know when the gales of November come early.

I have to admit I don't recall most of the time between 12-8 but I think I had a good time based on how thirsty I was the next day.

I have to admit I don't recall most of the time between 12-8 but I think I had a good time based on how thirsty I was the next day.

About 4 o'clock, my son Jon, leans over sorta quiet and says, 'hey, ahh, you're buddy from Canada IS OFF THE HOOK'.

I had visions of Opherman on U-stream lying down, but you hung in there man, you hung in.

My respects to an excellent drinker. ;)

Thanks HH and to Zee.

You are gracious hosts and sure do know how to have an awesome time.

The beer and the food were awesome. Rachels pasta was so simple and elegant. Troy's ribs, the obvious work of a dedicated perfectionist.

And you all can make great beer. It was a pleasure and a learning experience.

We're still talking about how much fun we had.

You know what, though? Upon looking at the photos Bob took, I look drunk in all of them. And talking the entire time. I'm pretty sure that just can't be true. :rockin:

Thanks for hosting HH. Heather and I had fun as always.

We're still talking about how much fun we had.

You know what, though? Upon looking at the photos Bob took, I look drunk in all of them. And talking the entire time. I'm pretty sure that just can't be true. :rockin:

Haha, I was just looking through the pictures and thought the same thing. Especially the one where you are playing ladder golf.

Back