English Barleywine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
http://jdhaesloop.com/56 - English Barleywine.pdf

Cooked up a recipe tonight for an english barleywine tonight. I'm continuing the +10% brewing Odyssey! I'm gonna use 2 row (cause its CHEAP!), and warrior to kick up the bittering. I'm thinking all of the flavor and aroma will be shot outta that warrior and it'll just get used for straight up bittering. Its basically saving me 3oz of EKG. I may have to boil longer than 120 minutes depending on what my preboil gravity works out to be. I'm basically going to keep pulling sugar out until the numbers make sense. Worst case I use up some extra gas with a more vigorous boil. I'll use notty to drop it down as far as it will go, and will drop in some champange yeast if it gets stuck at the end. Im gonna keg it up, drop in like 4 little oak cubes for long term storage, let'r sit for a year or so.

sound good? :mug:

talked with bobby about this one... I'm gonna rework the hops and pull the bitterness back into range... about 70 IBU.

Back