Brewers best holiday ale kit questions???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would try for Valentine's day or Easter to have the last of this brew. I brewed a similar kit from Midwest last year and it wasn't ready until after Christmas (not fully mature, but not bad either). I had been parceling them out carefully and had another of the few left yet for dinner tonight (with some other food items, not just the beer) and while it was pretty smooth and good flavor, I could not really detect the spices that would make this a holiday spiced ale any more. From my one try, I'd have to say that the spices do not age real well.

I was wondering about that myself with the spices, If they fade I think it will still be a good Amber Ale. I used Oxygen Barrier caps tho I hope that helps.

StophJS- Your not that far away from me, Maybe we could exchange a bottle sometime in the next month or something?

I was just down in South Bend a couple weeks ago to take the train to Chicago haha. I'm not usually in the area though.

I was just down in South Bend a couple weeks ago to take the train to Chicago haha. I'm not usually in the area though.

Thats cool, I probably could have thrown a beer to you from my house while you getting on the train... I'm that close to the airport.

Back