Time For The Year-End Tally (How Much Did You Brew?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slow year. Six batches of ale, one lager and one cider. I've been burning my energy (and money) trying to get a business started.

I usually don't brew in the summer or early fall do to work and hunting, but I managed to get 77 gallons under my belt this year. I hope to double that next year when I switch to 10 gallon batches. Annual production prior to kegging was only 30 gallons, so :ban: for draft beer!

I'm at 90gal, as near as I can figure. On the one hand, this is 90 in less than six months of active brewing; on the other hand, the "I" is three of us. I'm aiming for 200gal brewed in our house next year.

This includes beer, apfelwein, and everything else (mead etc).

Hmmm, I'm at 40 gallons since Sept. 30th, 45 if you count a batch of Apflewine that's still clearing. If I can work it, I'll hit 50 before the new year.

Once the pipeline is full, the necessity of brewing every two weeks lessens but the desire doesn't. I find that I get bored and start planning the next batch or two as soon as the airlock starts bubbling on the current one. I just did my first parti-gyle brew (and double batch). Next up is a Vienna lager. Then maybe something quick and simple to finish out the year. Or maybe really finish up in style and do something weird and sour. There is that new Wyeast strain . . .

Chad

I dunno, I popped my cherry on extract and then moved on to AG. I'd estimate somewhere around 60 - 70 gallons. My target for next year is 120 gallons. That gives me five gallons every two weeks. Well, I might need a bit more in the summer so I guess I should target closer 150.

In other words, I'll shoot for about 0.4 BierMuncher.

I really want to party with that guy.

180 gallons all grain. 10 gallons extract (wife got me a kit for a x-mas present last year) and 15 gallons Applewine. So, 205 to date. I'll probably get another 10 in before the new year as well. Maybe even 20.

By years end, I will have done 55 gallons of beers and 10 gallons of Apfelwein..I started brewing in September...

Grand total of 65 gallons..Whoo Hooo!!

I started in April. I have only missed brewing beer on two weekends, and besides beer there is Apfelwein. I am guessing around 180 gallons beer & 13 gallons Apfelwein.

I have no idea :drunk: Maybe I'll go back and count, I bet I can remember most of the beers - but maybe not the exact volumes. I will say I brew a lot, I give away a lot, and I store/cellar a lot. Next year, I'll keep better records.

Jeez, I'd probably say about 115L or about 25gal which isn't really all that much =/. I woulda loved more, but lack of funds + lack of time due to my injury meant that I couldn't make more :(. Hopefully it'll be more next year, and I should have a fair bit of spirits made as well all going well.

54 gallons, everything included, a good chunk of it not drunk yet...

130 Gallons that I can remember (The tally should be good a +/- 5)... Wow if my math is correct that comes to about 3.5 beers a day. I bought a bunch of commercial brew too. I did have some help with the hombrew (Brother & BIL)
10 Gallons of Aplewein too.

2007_total.GIF

Plus 5 gal Scottish 80/- and 5 gal 080808 RIS to follow.

Total of 50 gal from 9/22/07 to 12/31/07. And I'm shooting to quadruple next year.

Can we exempt an additional 100 gal for cats? They're members of the family. If so, I'm gonna need a couple more. Thems' investments right there.

Seriously, though, if I ever hit my 200 gal ceiling, we may have to coerce our roommates into moving back in. Then we could go up to 400 gal. :D

With running this year's Dixie Cup, I only managed 15 gallons of beer this year, and that's all been in the last three months. I did get 20 gallons of apfelwein, though!

TL

135 gallons of beer, 10 gallons of apfelwein, 5 gallons of cider. And I plan on marathon-brewing next week when I'm off of work. So we'll see where we end up. I might get another 15 gallons in carboy by the end of next week.

And...my friend just offered me a free (yes, free!) ticket to see the Skins play Dallass on the 30th at FedEx. :eek: Next week will be a good week. Yes ma'am. A good week indeed.

:rockin: :ban: :tank:

Since my first brew day on October 10th, I will have made about 40 gallons of beer...Hmm. I think that I better keep the SWMBO happy so she doesn't move out and cost me the ability to brew another 100G. If I have a kid, do they get 100G too? That would be perfect, now I just have to talk her into it...Seriously though, here's my list
Pale Ale #1................................3G
Ed's Red.....................................5 1/2G
Holiday Brown Bear....................5 1/2G
No More Papers Pale Ale............5 1/2 G
P.I.T.A. Porter............................5 1/2 G
Bee Cave Kolsch........................5 1/2G
Biermuncher's Bass Clone..........5 1/2 G (tommorrow)
08-08-08 RIS..............................10 G (!Dec. 30th)

Also forgot about 2 gallons of quick mead, and a 5G batch of traditional mead. God I love this hobby.

Not as much as last year (120) but am currently at 85 and intend to make 2 more batches over the holidays. I should toss an apfelwein or mead in there to make it to 100. Meh; that's it, I'll make a mead.

Since starting in October, I have brewed:

10 gallons of beer (a cream stout and a Belgian trippel)
6 gallons of hard cider
1 gallon of wine
5 gallons of apple cider vinegar (d'oh!)

So technically only 17 drinkable gallons so far this year... My small apartment is going to be overrun by bottles and carboys soon.

By the end of the day tomorrow I should be at 50 gallons since Oct 19th. That is 10 gallons of hard cider, and 40 gallons of ale. I should reach 80 gallons by the end of the year.

I did not keep count on a good bit of wine. but since, joining HBT on 08-28-2007,
we have brewed 55gl's :mug:
my thanks goes to all of you

rabidgerbil said:
By the end of the day tomorrow I should be at 50 gallons since Oct 19th. That is 10 gallons of hard cider, and 40 gallons of ale. I should reach 80 gallons by the end of the year.

Wow, you'sa ambitious just like me!

I should've mentioned that I too plan to do a marathon over the holiday break (yay 11 days off work!) and so the 80/- and the RIS are just the BEGINNING of my brew plans for break. Should hopefully get minimum of 4 batches into primary before 1/1. So really I should've said 60 not 50. We'll see if I run out of 2-row though.

195 gallons if I include the 2 that I'm going to do before the end of the year. That's with no brewing the first 3 months of '07.

I don't have my journal in front of me for exact numbers for this year but here's what I do know. I started brewing in June of 2006 and I have 21 5 gallon batches under my belt. I'm married so that's no where near my legal limit and I intend to make amends for that next year. I make it a policy to exceed any legal limit set in front of me.

I'm hoping to get next year rolling right out of the gate. I should get most of the gear I need for AG for Christmas and what I don't get I'm going to buy the following weekend. I'm also going to put togther my tiered system that weekend and brew my first AG.

Brewed a total of 41 gallons. (5 gallons Apfelwein, 5 gallons Hard Lemonade and 31 gallons of beer)...I'm planing on ramping it up in 2008!!

I guess I better go on record here.

5 Gals. Apfelwein
5 Gals. Scotch Ale (Brewers Best Kit)
5 Gals. Haus Ale (my personal generic extract ale recipe attempt)
________
Total=15 Gallons.

Kind of sad, but I did just start this, and the Apfelwein (first thing I ever fermented, on purpose anyway) went in the carboy on 10/20/07.

Plan for '08 at least a batch a month, hopefully 2. That'd be 60-120 gallons.
ETA:
Just picked thew wife up a Chardonnay kit. If that gets tallied in as part of my family count, then that will put us at 21 gallons for the year.

Don't have the exact dates on hand, but:

- Red ale (5 gallons)
- AHS "lawnmower ale" (5)
- Caramel Cream Ale (5)
- Edwort's Apfelwein (10)
- ESB (5)
- Scottish Ale (5)
- Edwort's Haus Pale Ale (5) -- 1st AG!

Looks like 40 gallons here. Not bad considering I started in June, let's hope 2008 finds more full carboys.

Started in May.

Extract porter
Extract amber
Extract IPA
Extract wit (which ended up being more of a golden)
Extract rosemary wit

Then I moved to all grain (these are not in order, just going by what I remember)...

Pale ale
IPA
maple porter
barley wine
parti gyle porter (from the barley wine plus a few extras thrown in)
winter beer
dubbel
saison (partial sour mash)
saison with kern's nectar
saison with a larger partial sour pash

I think there was one more, but I can't remember. That's 75 gallons since May. I might be hooked.

Cowboy Lager - 2 Gal
Pilothouse Pilsner - 2 Gal
Texas Blonda Ale - 4.25 Gal
Guiness Extra Stout clone - 5 Gal
Octoberfest - 4 Gal

BierMuncher said:
So how bout it, what's your final tally for 2007 looking like?

Im just about right there with you BM. Although I only did three 10 gallon batches, the rest were 5s.

No. Date Beer
3. 1/13/07 Magic Hat #9
4. 1/21/07 Snowflake IPA
5. 2/11/07 Long Trail Ale
6. 2/8/07 Saison Citron (first AG)
7. 3/18/07 ‘The Neighbor’ IPA
8. 3/25/07 Belgian Half-Wit
9. 3/31/07 IRA vs. the UK Irish Red
10. 4/8/07 Chocolate Raspberry Milk Stout
11. 4/21/07 Tongue Number (421) IPA
12. 4/28/07 Todd’s IPA
13. 5/21/07 Saison IPA
14. 6/?/07 Todd’s IPA 2
15. 7/15/07 Thesis Weizen (10 gallons)
16. 8/6/07 EdWort’s Haus Pale Ale (10 gallons)
17. 9/16/07 Holiday Spiced Ale II
18. 9/16/07 Oaked Belgian Golden Strong Ale
19. 9/23/07 Todd’s ESB (10 gallons)
20. 10/13/07 Pumpkin Ale (10 gallons)
21. 10/21/07 Jamil’s American Pale Ale (10 gallons)
22. 10/27/07 EdWort’s Stone IPA Clone (10 gallons)
23. 10/27/07 Hard Cider
24. 12/15/07 Dunkelweizen (10 gallons)

All unlabeled are 5-gallons, so I am at 145 gallons for the year, I started brewing Nov. 2006 and only got in 10 gallons in 2006. Oh, and so as to avoid any legal reprocussions, there are 3 people living in my house, and I split most of the beer with my brew buddy.

edit: I left off a Scotch ale I made with some friends, they bought an extract kit and we brewed it on my equipment so they could experience homebrewing and see if it was something they wanted to get into....150. I am predicting I will not have time to brew before new years.

Joe Dragon said:
Sheesh Munch. Come on, fess up. What on earth do you do with that much beer? You’re not 300 pounds and obviously employed so what’s the story?

And for me- About 120 gallons but I need to check the records at home.

My guess is parental/husbandry neglect, coupled with a great confidence in his pention's HMO.

Back