BREW LOG for beginners! have one...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timo21

Reaction score
Hey so I really like to stay organized and im already on my fourth batch and decided i need a 3 ring binder with a format to follow and jot stuff down on in order to experiment (kinda important eh?) SO i created this little guy (the attachment) and wanted to get some feedback/ give it you guys out there just starting as well... Feel free to criticize and give me ideas on how to improve it. And if anyone out there has a better one please share Danke Schitz!

BREWlog.jpg

Places to record OG, FG, and ABV would be helpful. I'm doing something similar using a Google Doc spreadsheet.

A place to record volume will help you tweak your process. Ie., amount boiled off, volume lost to equipment (especially helpfull if you move to all grain).

I use the "brew day sheet" from the Brewers friend website, it has all the important info and a place to write additional notes at the bottom.

Keeping track is a good thing cause after awhile the brews start to run together.

That's Great!

A big help for me is a calendar with the Primary/Secondary/Keg schedule.

I'll have to agree with that Chevy Guy, it all runs together and if I don't write it down, I'll never remember it. :drunk:

Oh duh, im a tard... totally forgot the SG/OG/FG/ABV, good thing I left enough room in my notes for now... Evrose I see your from Carlsbad do you ever go to Union in Encinitas? thats where I bartended before moving to australia just a few months ago, best place in San Diego to get a nice micro on tap hands down! miss that place

Back