Poor Mans Bottle Drying Rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmient

Reaction score
Just a medium size dog crate. It holds 50 bottles as configured. The pan in the bottom catches the water runoff! BTW, sorry the pic is sideways....

photo.jpg

Holy Crap! That's brilliant.

I actually have an old dog crate buried in the "storage" corner of the basement. I think I'll have to go dig it out...

Will probably need a serious cleaning, but that's still better than coughing up for a "real" bottle tree.

(It occurs to me the with a couple 2x4's, a few screws and some washers, you could take that thing apart and use three sides of it instead of just one. Triple your capacity.....)

Well, mine aren't as nicely arranged as yours, and my crate has a bit of a different grid layout, but it still works out a hell of a lot better than the way I was doing it. (tried to post a pic but it's just not happening tonight....).)

Dug out the crate, set it up, unhooked the washing machine and screwed on my bottle washer, then ran through 2 12-packs of Sam Adams bottles that me and a buddy went through over the weekend. (Still need the label-removing oxy-clean soak). They're now nicely draining on a rack just inches from the floor drain. Awesome! (Yeah, I didn't take time to clean the crate, but it looked ok and I figure the bottles are still getting an oxy-clean soak and some sanitation before I use them, so I'm going to let that slide this one time.)

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

I have one that needs a big time cleaning that I was literally getting ready to give away. Also happens I have to start cleaning around 150 bottles tomorrow and was planning to build a rack out of wood in the garage that could hold about 20.

THANK YOU!!

these are great, i've been searching last couple of days for cheap bottle drying rack. i've seen the wooden post, pvc, ect. As i'm sitting here reading, i look over at my clothes basket and "aaahaa". turned on its side with towel underneath, holes in the side are just the right diameter and spacing is good, too. works great, thanks for all ideas.

Oven shelf, with the edges propped on cardboard boxes, right up against the wall (or against more boxes) -- the necks of the bottles fit between the bars so the bottle rests on the shoulder, then, the first bottle leans against the wall, the second against the first, etc.

Back