Wanted: Sour beer lovers to taste a sour mash beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldRalHoleBrewing

Reaction score
I want some true sour beer lovers to taste my Sour Cherry Crick.

So if you'd like to taste this Sour Mash, Oak-fermented Cherry wheat ale, (imitation Kriek), I'm open to trades for other homebrews or craft brews.

Anyone interested either contact me on here or email at [email protected]

My wife and I look forward to tasting some weird brews, and to hear any feedback about the Crick!

Even if it's just that you got hammered off it.

-Myles and Carla Nestok

I would love to trade, but currently mine are still going. Ill shoot you a email in July if you still have some bottles available.

I would love to trade, but currently mine are still going. Ill shoot you a email in July if you still have some bottles available.

Go ahead, I made a 5 gal batch of this and I'm aging some bottles, you should get one or two aged until around my birthday by then!

I have a berlinder weiss that is still moving right along. Don't expect it to be ready for a month or so though. I will shoot you an email then!

I also would like some feedback. :p

To others: I wrote the OP but I am an avid sake maker, and would love to trade for cool brews, especially sours/lambics, etc... I make Yamahai, so yea, it is a sour mash....

Tasting one now! I love it. The color is a creamy red... almost pink. The head is a strong, and a nice, whitish pink. Nice souring, evident as soon as you put some in your mouth, but not sharp or overpowering where you end up making a face. Absolutely no aftertaste. Nice and smooth with a great mouthfeel. I like this beer a lot, honestly one of my favorite sours because it doesn't go overboard.

And PS... if this is 8.5%, DEFINITELY make sure you warn everyone who tastes it, because it is not evident at all. The alcohol is very well hidden.

To others: I wrote the OP but I am an avid sake maker, and would love to trade for cool brews, especially sours/lambics, etc... I make Yamahai, so yea, it is a sour mash....

i made some yamahai sake based of the taylor made recipe... it was awesome at first but then i let it sit in the carboy for a month after fermentation was done and it has some crazy off flavors. shoulda pasteurized it :( maybe next time

Back