Dopplebock in a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I keg everything and haven't bottled in at least a year.

I've got a dopplebock that's ready to be bottled/kegged and let sit even longer and I have a saison I'm going to do this weekend.

I'll definitely bottle the saison (begrudgingly)... but I'm wondering about the bock. It strikes me as a "bottle beer" but I figured I would toss it out there and see what folks thought.

I bottled mine, so that I could toss it in a corner and forget about it for a while. It's not something I feel like drinking every night, and it's something I plan on keeping at least a little bit of for a while, so I didn't want to keep that slot in the kegerator filled in the meantime. I mean, if you're going to drink it right up, go ahead and keg - but dopplebocks are one of those beers where if you're going to bottle anything, that's what you want to bottle.

I bottled mine, so that I could toss it in a corner and forget about it for a while. It's not something I feel like drinking every night, and it's something I plan on keeping at least a little bit of for a while, so I didn't want to keep that slot in the kegerator filled in the meantime. I mean, if you're going to drink it right up, go ahead and keg - but dopplebocks are one of those beers where if you're going to bottle anything, that's what you want to bottle.

yeah... that's kind of what I was thinking... but was really on the fence about it. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I want it taking up a tap since, and you're right, I won't be drinking it every night.

stupid freakin' bottling!!! I gave my drying tree to a guy in my club and now I gotta borrow the damn thing back.

Why don't you split the batch? I bought a 3 gallon corny for just such occasions.

Why don't you split the batch? I bought a 3 gallon corny for just such occasions.

Because! That... makes too much sense.

damn.

I could do that.

(ps... Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday is by far my all-time favorite movie character and "I'm your huckleberry"'s right at the top for quotes from Tombstone... great flick.. I might change my little saying to "You're no daisy")

Back