Sealing Quick Disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwalesmith

Reaction score
I just got my boilermaker pots and purchased female and male disconnect that I am going to use off of the ball lock valve. Should I use teflon tape or pipe dope to seal the disconnect to the ball lock? What are others using? I am worried about what the heat might do to whatever I use.

i believe there are 3 types of sealers in the world: super glue (not usable in homebrew), duct tape (ditto), and teflon tape :D as far as teflon and heat, teflon seals the bottom of most skillets...

i believe there are 3 types of sealers in the world: super glue (not usable in homebrew), duct tape (ditto), and teflon tape :D as far as teflon and heat, teflon seals the bottom of most skillets...

So that's a yes to Teflon? :mug:

Just a tip... "ball lock" is a style of connection on a corny keg. It uses ball bearings in the connector that seat into grooves on the post. "Ball Valve" describes how the valve stops flow.

Yes to teflon tape or food grade thread sealant liquid sealant with PTFE grit. The tape is cheaper.

I actually would NOT use pipe dope on the pot that's gonna get hot on a burner. Ever re-soldered a pipe that had dope on a fitting? It STINKS.

Go with teflon. A $1 roll will last a while.

B

Back