Kegerator Sanitation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unfnole23

Reaction score
I'm about to do my first keg and don't know too much about the kegerator. I want to sanitize the lines before I put the beer in. I have star san in a keg and was going to pump it into a bucket via the tap. I hooked everything up and turned on the CO2 at 10 psi( should be enough to flow water) and nothing comes out of the tap. What am I doing wrong?

Something isn't hooked up right or you aren't sealed. Crank it up a bit more and see if anything moves. Can you hear the CO2 hitting the tank? After a bit does pulling the release on the tank get a blast of CO2 venting?

Everything is hooked up correctly. I pull the release and the CO2 blasts out from the keg. I'm holding the kegerator for a friend right now and he says it takes a couple of days on the CO2 just to run the water through. Doesn't make sense

I'll bet you've got a plugged line or faucet. Take apart the liquid disconnects, faucet, etc...

you should be able to flow water or other liquid through the tap from a sealed keg at 1 or 2 psi even, and you can do this instantly, no waiting required. if this is not happening, a few things to look at.
is your liquid disconnect connected to the liquid out post?
is the dip tube on the liquid out post?
is the liquid line connected to the tap?
is there liquid in the line between tap and keg?

my guess is you have the disconnects reversed, putting gas in through the dip tube and being unable to draw liquid out through the short gas tube.

Latest posts

Back