BATF - PHX June Brewout 06-07

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brew Acronym To Follow - Phoenix

Lets plan a brewout.
I can host on these days:

Sat 5/31 or Sun 6/1
Sat 6/7 or Sun 6/8

Papago on Thursday 06/05 ~ 6:30 PM

I would prefer an early morning start.

I can't really look at dates beyond that, right now.

As I mentione before, I have Tett and EKG hops available.
We can grill out and cool off in the pool.

6-7 will work for me, I'll pencil it in between my "World Domination in 12 steps" class and "Living with a marathon runner who wakes at 4am" support group.

On a more serious note, does this kind of thing usually have us bring our own gear?

Well I don't have a 7bbl system at my disposal, but some things can be shared.
What are your needs?

Also If you're nearby, you could set up the night before or what ever.

I just bought a 8 gallon turkey fryer yesterday, hopefully I will get to try that out. I have no problem bringing my own equipment and grains etc. What about good water?

Also I have a buddy who's been getting into brew, would another person be a problem?

How about?

Phoenix Association of Zymurgy

or

PHAZ

Oh I have a Barley Crusher.
I use a marine hose and a whole house filter to limit chloromines.

I still use 5.2.

If you use an immersion chiller you can use either tap or pumped pool water (whichever is colder) and then switch over to iced water. (We'll have to get alot of ice, so we'll need a head count at some point).

I should have some empties for propane just in case and there is a Lowes across the street for any emergencies.

No problem with new brewers.

I'm also going to suggest that maybe we meet up for a beer at Papago sometime after work before hand. Maybe the Thursday before.

I'm also going to suggest that maybe we meet up for a beer at Papago sometime after work before hand. Maybe the Thursday before.

That would be good.. I have never been there before.

I have no chiller so I will need to figure something else out.

Sadly, I don't think I can make it to the brewout to brew, but I might be able to come hang out (I'll probably have Stella again too). I'll be on vacation from the 12th to the 16th, so I don't want to start any batches before I leave.

On Sunday 6/1 there will be a Trappist beer tasting at the Arrowhead AJ's from 3pm-5pm.
http://www.ajsfinefoods.com/locations.php?ID=12

They've got an amazing beer selection there, and there should be someone there who can get Westvleteren 12 for $20 a bottle.

I'll bring all my own gear, I'm good on everything (propane, ice, water, kit) other than a water source for my double immersion chiller - I usually use a hose spigot - doesn't use a lot of water, but I like the idea of a pump system to pull from a pail - that sounds like a fun challenge to get working before the weekend! :)

I'm up to meet ahead of time anywhere - Papago sounds good!

olllllo, have you sent a message to any of the other phoenix members? They might miss this thread, be a good idea to let them know just in case.

olllllo, have you sent a message to any of the other phoenix members? They might miss this thread, be a good idea to let them know just in case.

Will do. Other than wild, coyotlg and DesertBrew (From Tucscon), who am I missing?

If it's cool with you guys, I'd like to come and hang out, probably won't brew though.

Absolutely

Sadly, I don't think I can make it to the brewout to brew, but I might be able to come hang out (I'll probably have Stella again too). I'll be on vacation from the 12th to the 16th, so I don't want to start any batches before I leave.

On Sunday 6/1 there will be a Trappist beer tasting at the Arrowhead AJ's from 3pm-5pm.
http://www.ajsfinefoods.com/locations.php?ID=12

They've got an amazing beer selection there, and there should be someone there who can get Westvleteren 12 for $20 a bottle.

Cool

FYI, I have that day listed on the calendar as:

The 2nd Annual Bloomin' Beerfestl
Saturday, June 7, 2008 - 7:00 PM
Irish Cultural Center
1106 N. Central Avenue

Will do. Other than wild, coyotlg and DesertBrew (From Tucscon), who am I missing?

Chimone, target4cactus...Thats a couple I can think of.

BTW, a buddy gave me a OLD propane tank. What's it cost to trade it in on a full newer tank?

I trade my tanks for $20, this is at Frys. I do it for the sake of convenience because its right down the street, otherwise I will go to HD, where I last paid $16 or $18, don't quite remember.

I'm screwed for the 7th. Actually for the eve but the trip back and all... Plus, if I did come I'd probably be bunking out over night cuz I got no control over my drinking.

:drunk:

Have fun for those that do and take some pics to show what brewing in triple digit temps is like for our northern friends. :D

Chimone, target4cactus...Thats a couple I can think of.

Sent.

So Thursday (next) at Papago after work, too.

Feel free to pass this link around.

We'll need a headcount on Tuesday or so and some ideas for recipies that use Tett or EKG if you need the hops.

I'm planning on making Dude's Watermelon wheat.

Anyone else lurking this thread, speak up now.

Ill actually be floating down the salt river that next weekend, cant make it up two weeks in a row :(

Im excited to meet everyone and hang out! I plan on bringing a growler of English IPA I made a month ago!
BTW I would like to make it out next Thursday, but I think I might be working. As soon as I get my schedule I'll let you know.

I haven't thought up what I'll brew, but I plan to pick up a complete kit this weekend - something easy, since we only have that 11 hour window.....:)

I'm in.
The playmate has to work so I'm free.
Do we do this at midnight?
It might be down to 90-95° by then.:(

What time are you guys planning on meeting at Papago? Looks like I don't have work, therefore I should be able to make it.

Work keeps me from playing in the evening.
Let me know if there's anything I can bring.

OK... Lets get a head count so that we can do some more planning. I want to do some sausages on the grill and would like to get an order in. We can also start to thnk about the rest of the menu. I'll also have a pot of joe on and we'll have bagels.

Brewout
olllllo
wild
Desert Monkey

Not Brewing but might hang:
Iordz
trabus
Cregar

Thursday @ Papago 6:30 PM
Iordz
olllllo
Desert Monkey

As for the time, if anyone would like to setup earlier this week, let me know.
It's going to be a hot one, so I am also not opposed to starting before 8AM. If anyone would like to start before that, chime in.

It's also not too late for anyone lurking this thread to join in, so speak-up.

Finally, If anyone needs Tett or EKG, let me know. As I said I would supply that, but I need to know how much to measure out.

I'm still fumbling my way around the website thanks for forwarding the thread!! I sent you a PM. anything I can do to help. This is going to be learning experience for me! I feel giddy!! NAH, thats just the beer!

early is great, I'm up at 5am weather I have to work or not. 6am on a hangover day

I'd love to start round 7am (or earlier, I'm up to being there and almost done before 100 degrees hits!). Actually, my wife gets up at 4am, so I'm game anytime from there forward.... :)

Back