Rutland area homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJBrewVT

Reaction score
Looking to connect with other brewers in my area. I am aware of Green Mountain Mashers but they meet on a weekday too far away in Burlington.

Hello, I live just south of you in Arlington and tend to brew during the week due to a weird work schedule. My brother and father in law used to brew near me but threw in the towel a while ago.

Hi there! Where do you get homebrew supplies? Online? Or is there a place in Manchester or Bennington?

Long hours confine my brewing to weekends, usually Sundays. Trying to upgrade my stove top brewery to an electric one. Slow going.

There are some supplies though all extract at the Beverage Den in Bennington. They actually have a decent amount of 1oz bag hops in a fridge but a poor yeast selection. I usually buy from Northern Brewer or when I'm in Saratoga I buy stuff from that shop which is pretty well stocked. I would have gone electric but my house only has a small panel and no where near the power needed for (2) 220 elements. I brew on a two vessel stand that I built and do full volume mashes. With constant recirculating I can knock out a 4 hour brew day easily.

Never been here but a buddy picks up random stuff here every now and then. They are in Ludlow VT

http://www.brewfestbeverage.com/brewing.htm

HI -

I live in Windham, and have been to the place in Ludlow -- good beer / wine selection, and also decent homebrew supplies .very nice folks.... bought a 50lb bag of Breiss malt (they were surprised -- you want the whole bag ? ) .. have not been back bec I have not brewed in abt 3 mos..

I'm just west of Londonderry and go to Brewfest for my ingredients. I'm really surprised they are the only place around. Luckily they have a decent choice of extracts, grains, and hops. Their prices aren't bad ($12 for a 10lb bag of 2 row, $19 for Pale Ale malt, $14 for 3.3lbs of extract, $2.25 for 1oz if most hops) and they grind for free. However, their equipment stock is small (can't find a plastic on/off valve for a MLT hose or wort sprayer).

There was a place that opened in Brandon but quickly closed. They had a ton of malt. I have used Brewfest a few times but the last time I got grain there, my 10# sacks of Marris Otter only weighed 8.75 & 9.25 lbs. @$2.20/lb. that's a good chuck of change.

^^^Yikes. I haven't weighed my bags of grain to confirm they were accurate. I better double check next time.

BTW - shouldn't your user name be CJSudsVT? I mean, you are from Rutland! Own it. ;)

Ha! I thought about buying it when it went up for sale to turn into a brew pub. Problem was I was still new to brewing.

We should get together ..I just got back into this ...6 mos hiatus..just cultured some Pranqster yeast from a father's day bottle .. going very well in starter, so I think I will be trying to clone the Pranqster

I missed the brewfest at Okemo on Sunday. Does anyone know of another good one coming up in So. VT?

Stratton has one scheduled for Columbus Day weekend, but I'm not sure how good it is.

So, I always invite homebrewers to my place here in Windham for some homebrewing on the Sunday of Columbus Day Weekend ..

going to do it again this year, and you all are more than welcome to come ... I always do 2 batches, and mash in at 7..one all grain, one extract ...

Holiday weekends are always tough for me, but it would be fun to try and get some folks together and taste each other's homebrew. :mug:

I can't commit, but I do have some Pumpkin Ale and Cider to bring if I show. I'm currently drinking 7 different brews and 2 years of cider, so I won't be brewing.

Sorry I missed coming over. My neighbor called with 15 bushels of apples he picked and needed my help (and equipment) to press cider. The sad thing is he didn't even leave me a quart of what we pressed.....

Peru brew crew celebrated AHA brew day last Saturday.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399412639.497479.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399412671.846137.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399412694.745389.jpg

I missed a pic of Chris brewing his first all grain batch - BIAB!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A new HB club is getting rolling in Manchester. We had our first meeting this week at the BYO offices. Our next meeting is Tuesday, September 9th at 6pm at the BYO offices.

Back