Just tried my first homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytizzle

Reaction score
It's been 22 days since I brewed this Brewer's Best Kölsch, my very first attempt at homebrew. I went through all of the patience exercises but watched this thing ferment like a hawk. Every step along the way I was reading threads here to reassure me that everything was going fine despite my noobiness and lack of temp control on fermentation.

I racked it to a secondary after a week against most advice but I needed the primary. It sat there for almost two weeks then I cold crashed for 2 days. I couldn't stand the wait anymore so I kegged it a few hours ago. I then put the CO2 at 30 psi and did the "roll the keg" trick for about 5 minutes.

I know it's not properly carbed yet but I couldn't wait to give it a try. All I can say is wow! The flavors are pronounced, I can taste the hops profiles, it's crisp, refreshing, and downright delicious! I can't begin to explain how excited that I am right now!!! I MADE BEER!!! Not only that but pretty damn tasty beer!!! Thank you to all the folks here on HBT who made this possible!!!

56dd7fa7.jpg

Show me a brewer that didn't "sample" his first batch before it was ready to drink. Hell, you got it made man. Pouring your first homebrew from a shiny perlick. Congratulations.

Congrats! So glad you made good beer!

BBL_Brewer - I almost made it. Batch #1 for me sat 15 days in primary, 15 days in secondary, and 3 weeks in bottles... but I only let the first bottle in the fridge for two days before I couldn't wait anymore.

Congrats! So glad you made good beer!

BBL_Brewer - I almost made it. Batch #1 for me sat 15 days in primary, 15 days in secondary, and 3 weeks in bottles... but I only let the first bottle in the fridge for two days before I couldn't wait anymore.

I made it a week in bottles, drank the first one warm, and by week two the batch was half gone.

Back