My Conundrum....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
I am really excited about labeling my beer and I have always loved the old brewerys traditional labels (think Jax, Pearl, Dixie) You know the type that when you think of the brewery you can see the label. Iconic I guess you would call it. And they never had funny names and trendy labels. I like that but then again I know the thing now is to have some witty name or whatever and I have ideas for some good ones (Dumb Blonde, Klone-dike Amber, Testic-Ale 'Nut Brown' LOL) but I really like the more traditional approach. BUT I know I will probably make several varieties of any type of brew over time and would like to distinguish them. I was thinking maybe a Number or something.

Blanchard Brewing #101 India Pale Ale, Old 97 Amber, etc. All with the same basic label maybe a color change. That way I could have several say IPA's or whate have you but with different recipes and just number them differently.

Opinions?

I don't tend to have more than one choice of beer for each style on hand at a time. But...I like your approach if I was to do so. Numbering them is good. I just have a simple logo made up which says the brewery name and underneath in smaller font it says the type of beer. I don't usually bother coming up with fancy names unless something comes to mind without me having to think about it too much.

Back