What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tired Hands Only Void Red wine barrel aged.. Celebration Bitches.

ForumRunner_20130701_200429.jpg

we are moving tomorrow!! *

*moving to a newly renovated apartment downstairs in the same farmhouse that live in now..

No more 3rd floor brewing! No more messy kitchen cleanups! It's all outside from here on out.

Cheers

Tired Hands Only Void Red wine barrel aged.. Celebration Bitches.

View attachment 132531

we are moving tomorrow!! *

*moving to a newly renovated apartment downstairs in the same farmhouse that live in now..

No more 3rd floor brewing! No more messy kitchen cleanups! It's all outside from here on out.

Cheers

Congrats! A little cooler down there as well?

tyzippers said:
Nice! A buddy of mine just popped a mad elf last night as well! I killed my last one about a month ago. I think my dad still has one left in his cellar. I might have to coerce him into keeping it there until this Christmas.

I won't be messing around this year. I will be ordering 2 sixth barrels as soon as the distributor tells me they have em!

No sweat on the glasses as well, I have 2 extras! :rockin:

Hey I still got a kuhnhenn for you when we trade. And quick question when I bottle that mead how do I stop the yeast from carbonating it?

Oh yea I forgot about that kuhnhenn. Definitely soon. I never had a problem with that. The yeast should die because of the alcohol and time. I do not kill them off. I usually let them sit or I do not add additional honey to the mead

NIZZLE said:
Ok you showed me yours now I'll show you mine :p

Excuse me while I whip this out.
Ahhhhhh!!!!
Guess that movie. Hint: best movie ever! :D

FermentNEthinG said:
I won't be messing around this year. I will be ordering 2 sixth barrels as soon as the distributor tells me they have em!

No sweat on the glasses as well, I have 2 extras! :rockin:

Hell yeah bro! I should look into getting a sixtel too. That ought to cost a pretty penny. My local giant eagle was trying to sell six packs for $18! I thought that was a bit ridonkulous.

Excuse me while I whip this out.
Ahhhhhh!!!!
Guess that movie. Hint: best movie ever! :D

Duh, Blazing Saddles!

First Pliny the Elder at falling rock taphouse.

View attachment 132536

Falling Rock is great. I spent two summers outside of Denver and most of my paychecks there at Falling Rock. If you happen to see some Crooked Stave beers while you're at the bottle shops, let me know and I'm sure I can find something you'll like. :D

Oh yea I forgot about that kuhnhenn. Definitely soon. I never had a problem with that. The yeast should die because of the alcohol and time. I do not kill them off. I usually let them sit or I do not add additional honey to the mead

Ok thanks drinking a hydro sample of the all famous Texas Twang (Jalapeno Cucumber Mead) it's sitting at 1.010 started at 1.136

ForumRunner_20130701_203214.jpg

ForumRunner_20130701_203232.jpg

And it taste great hope it clears up a bit more though ;-)

Hell yeah bro! I should look into getting a sixtel too. That ought to cost a pretty penny. My local giant eagle was trying to sell six packs for $18! I thought that was a bit ridonkulous.

Fortunately I can get them for what the store/bars buy them for and not have to worry about paying any mark up on it.

The benefits of family with liquor licenses! :rockin:

FermentNEthinG said:
Fortunately I can get them for what the store/bars buy them for and not have to worry about paying any mark up on it.

The benefits of family with liquor licenses! :rockin:

I envy you.

Nothing...until I get home from work and finish off a half full bomber of Wookey Jack. Although, I think I'd be good just sniffing the bottle for a while. That stuff smells amazing.

KZE80 said:
Nothing...until I get home from work and finish off a half full bomber of Wookey Jack. Although, I think I'd be good just sniffing the bottle for a while. That stuff smells amazing.

Half full bomber?? What is this mysterious creature?

Celebrating Monday!

image-1108189112.jpg

The vacation withdrawals were getting pretty bad, so i figured what the heck. That's genuine Chico cellar dust on the bottle. Haven't opened a twist off Sierra in a while even though I still try sometimes.

I can't believe how much hop bitterness this still has. Has a candy sugar, still some hop spice, and mellowed alcohol aroma - my wife says horehound candy. Sweet, oxidized malt fades into coffee and chocolate.

We should all be buying a least a case of this to age every year. I bet narwhal is going to age nicely as well.

TNGabe said:
Celebrating Monday!

The vacation withdrawals were getting pretty bad, so i figured what the heck. That's genuine Chico cellar dust on the bottle. Haven't opened a twist off Sierra in a while even though I still try sometimes.

I can't believe how much hop bitterness this still has. Has a candy sugar, still some hop spice, and mellowed alcohol aroma - my wife says horehound candy. Sweet, oxidized malt fades into coffee and chocolate.

We should all be buying a least a case of this to age every year. I bet narwhal is going to age nicely as well.

Nice!

The last of my HB Hopbursted IIPA. Bottled 10/19/12. A little over carbonated but the hops still smack you in the face after all this time

Back