Let's talk first place NL Central teams!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
olllllo said:
Time for another Woods injury.
It'll happen on Friday,

Tiger = Woods.
Kerry = Wood.

We don't count on him for anything. Good old Kerry "Splintered" Wood will maybe get 40 pitches this year before breaking down. But if he wins one game, he'll have earned his 3 million.

And yes, 1 ten-thousandth of a point is still first place.

Let's talk about teams that haven't won a world series in a century. If there is one things Cubs fans should realize by now, it's that God seems to really enjoy getting your hopes up once a decade and then crushes them.

Face it - God hates the Cubs

rdwj said:
Let's talk about teams that haven't won a world series in a century. If there is one things Cubs fans should realize by now, it's that God seems to really enjoy getting your hopes up once a decade and then crushing them.

Face it - God hates the Cubs

He must love him some White Sox these days.

First, you get a double-header where they give up 32 runs. Then you get that Yanks game where they give up 8 homers and 16 runs.

Damn the Cubs, you and your MBA snobbery! ;)
Cheese = Kerry "Man Love" Woodie

olllllo said:
Time for another Woods injury.
It'll happen on Friday,

He can hurt himself all he wants, he's not even on the active roster or the 40 man roster! Oops just checked agian, He is on the 60 DL. Hell I can't even remember the last game he played in.

Oh Yeah
:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

GO CUBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry had his charity event the other day and (of course) it made the news. I remember watching him sign autographs and I said to my friends "He really needs to learn to write left-handed. Last thing we need is to lose his arm on an autograph related injury".

Seriously, I don't know why he still plays. Quit ball and rest your arm for a few years so that you'll be able to teach your son how to throw with bad mechanics.

Cheesefood said:
He must love him some White Sox these days.

First, you get a double-header where they give up 32 runs. Then you get that Yanks game where they give up 8 homers and 16 runs.

I'll take a down year here and there. We've had a pretty good decade record wise. Besides, the WS is still fresh in my memory.

I hope they can hold on to that lead! They have a way of letting these things slip away like a greased pig.

They host the Mets this weekend, who are also in first place in the NL East. They also have St. Louis and Milwaukee this month. Fortunately, those are all home games. Their road games are vs. lesser teams like Houston and Colorado. If they can get through this month with more wins than losses, then they should easily make the playoffs. But I'm cautious.

BTW, I don't think the team is cursed. I think Wrigley Field is. If the Cubs blow it this year, then I believe Wrigley needs to be demolsihed in order to break the curse.:D

wop31 said:
He can hurt himself all he wants, he's not even on the active roster or the 40 man roster! Oops just checked agian, He is on the 60 DL. Hell I can't even remember the last game he played in.

You don't have goat on your 40 man roster either, but that never...

The Cubs will have a nice 10 game losing streak (a'la 2004) come September. I still remember it well - they needed to win ONE GAME and couldn't pull it off.

<--------------

Stupid Brewers, I knew they'd not win the division. That's it, I'm switching teams.

Billy_goat1.jpg

cubs%20logo.JPG

Ach, it was only a matter of time. I doubt the Crew will even finish over .500. They're playing like total crap, have been since the All-Star break.

Yep Bernie. And they're going to lose again today it looks. Cub fans - this should be an interesting series against the Mets for ya. A preview of post season? I'd choose you over the M-E-T-S, Mets, Mets, Mets!

Brewers fans have got to be a bit nervous about blowing an 8 game lead in 6 weeks! I think that goat has migrated north of the great Cheddar Barrier!

GO CUBS GO!! :ban:

Based on how both the Cubs and Brewers are playing I don't think either want to win the division. 5 other NL teams who aren't in 1st place in their own division would be 1st place in the central :rolleyes:.

Maybe the NL central should forfeit their playoff spot and make it another wild card this year.

Back