My EPIC day at Odell Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
Background story : My buddy Chad (chads99svt) and I purchased some bottles of Hiveranno. Opened them and they were 100% flat. While they tasted good, they were about as flat as wine. Being disappointed, I emailed the brewery to express that. I received an email back from Joe, the head brewer at Odell. After some emails back and forth, he invited me out for a personal tour.

Tour consisted of many many free beers. A tour of literally the entire complex including their offices where I got to meet Doug Odell himself. More beers. Free t-shirts and some replacement bottles of Hiveranno along with a free bottle of Woodcut #5 (basically $60 worth of beer right there alone).

Pic from their office of the recent expansion:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31642290@N08/5983546584/

Joe grabbing us some pints in their Tap Room

IMG_0556

Took us up on their brewing platform. Looking in their kettle.

IMG_0557

Whirlpool setup

IMG_0559

Touchscreen controlled operation

IMG_0561

Bottom of their new cellar room. 100bbl conical with only the bottom half of the cone poking out.

IMG_0562

Centrifuge setup. They ditched their filtering setup.

IMG_0563

Bottling and shipping room. Massive ceiling fans

IMG_0564

IMG_0565

Joe pulling a nail for us to test out some experimental beers and also some stuff that wont be out for a few years still.

IMG_0576

IMG_0578

Feeling like a kid on xmas morning :eek:

IMG_0579

Storage and grain space. Right before a shipment its pretty empty, but they are bringing some grains in from overseas and he said this room would be completely full

IMG_0581

IMG_0582

Their original 5 Barrel System in which 5 Barrel Pale ale was created.

IMG_0584

IMG_0587

IMG_0589

Top of the cellar room that I posted up earlier. 100bbl conicals. Pretty crazy to get an idea on how tall these things really are.

IMG_0591

View out of the cellar room

IMG_0600

And the free goodies

IMG_0604

Conclusion - Even if they did pre-maturely release a batch, they went extremely above and beyond and made up for it. Definitely a brewery I will very much support as they really care about their customers. :word: :word:

Ahhhhh a Big Ass Fan (No really that's the company name haha) I've done some work on those things, they push some serious air.

Very cool that they went to this extent to fix their mistake. Looking at that place is really making me anxious for how the brewery I work for is expanding in the coming year. The room will be spectacular to have compared to our current setup. Our 150bbl fermenter is completely opposite haha, it sticks out of the roof.

Great picture!

Sweet man.

It's awesome when a business goes above and beyond to take care of you, even when you're not expecting it.

Thats a pretty fantastic day right there. Pretty Jealous.:rockin:

I'm going to start writing emails and letters whenever i get bad beers. It seems that some companies will actually try to make up for their mistakes. I just recently wrote a letter to a restraunt after some poor service, and they sent me a 50$ gift card for my issues.

Awesome!! That was a hell of a day! I contacted Ommegang about a bad bottle of their BPA. They sent me a free BPA glass. I thought that was good customer service.

Sweet man.

It's awesome when a business goes above and beyond to take care of you, even when you're not expecting it.

yea, it was pretty amazing what they ended up doing for me. Very impressed and really make me appreciate them more:rockin:

Awesome! That's above and beyond good business practice.

I was so disappointed that they were closed the day I went there. Hopefully I get to stop in next time I visit Colorado.

I bought some Myrcenary last month to drink on our honeymoon and stupidly left two of the four bottles in a hotel room... sucks cause I've never seen it around where I live any closer than STL. :( It was delicious.

Sounds like a great experience and thank you for the pictures! I took a tour there myself a couple weekends ago, and have gone back to the tap room a few times since. Odell's churns out some great beers, my current favorite being the Myrcenary (although I still have yet to try their limited offerings).

Just wanted to stop by and give another big thumbs up to the guys over at Odell's, great place, and great people, the beer's not bad either ;).

Completely jealous and I now have a new brewery to start requesting at my local store and see if I can find any of the lucky flatties for a free trip through the beer factory!

Great pics. I dig seeing brewery setups. Thanks for sharing.

Back