What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2x IPA with lunch. I'm going to murder this sandwich.
241000d1418235817-beer-forward-imageuploadedbyhome-brew1418235811.821309.jpg

That looks awesome! All I had was 2 lousy hot dogs and a warm Dr. Pepper.

Wow, atimm. Saw that. My condolences.

Having water at the moment after throwing weights around.

Pet peeve of the month for me: people who wear these to the gym
5toe_sports_shoes_13-711265.jpg

Those things are ****ing retarded.

SWMBO loves 'em. Doesn't wear them to the gymn, but wears them out walking regularly. She says they are WAY more comfortable than sneakers.

Personally, I wear my ugly as **** Crocs almost all the time. Resisted for years, while they were "trendy"...but tried some on a few years back and loved the feel. That's how we roll...comfort. Screw trendy or ant-trendy.

Just finished a caffe con leche using some Puerto Rican espresso I picked up at a local market near Orlando. Also had some awesome black beans and rice and pork. No interesting beer, though.

SWMBO loves 'em. Doesn't wear them to the gymn, but wears them out walking regularly. She says they are WAY more comfortable than sneakers.

Personally, I wear my ugly as **** Crocs almost all the time. Resisted for years, while they were "trendy"...but tried some on a few years back and loved the feel. That's how we roll...comfort. Screw trendy or ant-trendy.

Just finished a caffe con leche using some Puerto Rican espresso I picked up at a local market near Orlando. Also had some awesome black beans and rice and pork. No interesting beer, though.

two thumbs down :D

View attachment 241003
Coke at the best burger place in town. It's no In-N-Out, but it will do.

Agreed. Though I prefer 5 Guy's fries over In-N-Out unless you get them animal style, then they do win. 2x animal style no lettuce and animal style fries. I get that each time I roll back into So. Cal. I now make my mom or sister stop before we even get to the house.

Water

That looks awesome! All I had was 2 lousy hot dogs and a warm Dr. Pepper.

It was glorious. Picked up some good pastrami from the deli, melted cheese in the broiler for a bit, stuck the meat in a pan with a stainless bowl over it to let it steam slightly, tossed on the mustard and consumed. I usually skip lunch but I felt like I could smell that meat from my office.

Did you and Dar stop by to get growlers of IST today? :D

Not sure what's so special about IST. I've had it and wasn't super impressed to the point where I'd consider going there for it - forget waiting in line.

Stupid people on NEBCO's FB page all sad about how they're in line and the last keg is going to kick. ****ing people annoy me. They're like crack fiends. For beer. Stupid.

Wiseacre is a solid brewery. I was iffy about the apricot, it was a clone recipe if Dry Dock apricot blonde. I used fresh purée as well as the extract at bottling. May of gone over board but it's drinkable.

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Wiseacre is a solid brewery. I was iffy about the apricot, it was a clone recipe if Dry Dock apricot blonde. I used fresh purée as well as the extract at bottling. May of gone over board but it's drinkable.

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Water is drinkable, this is beer... clearly more than drinkable.

BTW, who is coming in second tonight?

My first blended sour, or any sour for that matter. Carb seems to be coming along for only being a month bottled! The smell of this is fantastic and its got a nice acid kick to the mouth. The only complaint is a slight lingering taste on the backend i cant describe. Its not a bad taste though, just different. Id say its a success and it will only get better from here!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418254699.738335.jpg

My first blended sour, or any sour for that matter. Carb seems to be coming along for only being a month bottled! The smell of this is fantastic and its got a nice acid kick to the mouth. The only complaint is a slight lingering taste on the backend i cant describe. Its not a bad taste though, just different. Id say its a success and it will only get better from here!
View attachment 241048

Looks awesome man. And I've now sent that glass to four or five states and still haven't gotten myself one, lol.

Water, beer after the brats go to sleep.

View attachment 241048

Is it like a bready/ biscuity flavor?

View attachment 241048

Is it like a bready/ biscuity flavor?

View attachment 241048

If you bottled it a month ago and it wasn't there before you bottled, that's young bacteria. It will go away.

Having a beer in honor of one of my coworkers who died today. We worked together on a construction project several years ago, then I moved to a different department and didn't run into him as much. He was a character: a drinking, hookah-smoking, swearing, pork-eating Iranian immigrant. Godspeed, you crazy floccer.

View attachment 1418257565798.jpg

Having a water right quick while making a starter for my bacteria. All harvested dregs from my homer town's brewery. All OEC stuff.

I'll eventually be dumping these cells into a saison once I get a high-enough cell count.

Back