Board you first check when logging onto HBT (your favorite board per se)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which forum do you check first when logging into HBT?

• Beginners forum

• General Beer discussions

• All Grain and PM Discussions

• Recipe and ingredients

• Equipment and Sanitation

• General Techniques

• Bottling/Kegging

• Extract brewing

• Other brewing related catagory

• Off top boards (general chit chat, drunken ramblings, debate, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
So, when I am at work I am these boards at least 50% of my 12 hours shift. I started noticing that whenever I open my browser and direct it to HBT, I almost always check the Equipment/Sanitation and DIY boards first, and then make my way around to everything else. I started thinking about when I first started a few years ago, I almost exclusively checked the Beginners board. Surely, most people must have a favorite section of this site. As I said, mine would have to be the Equipment related board. I cant list them all in the poll, but I will list the ones with the highest number of posts.

1) Recipes/Ingredients
2) General Chit Chat
3) All-Grain and PM Brewing

In that order...

Late at night or during bouts of boredom I might gander at the other forums as well... :)

I usually go to the members only and check the members chit chat, then move srtaight up from there. Once I hit them all, I start clicking the New Posts.

Fight Club for after hours only. For obvious reasons.

It's suprising how many people don't know about "New Posts". I mean, do you really go through each forum?

I click "My Topics", "My Replies" then "New Posts" a thousand or so times.

yep, this is the way i generally browse most forums. seems to be most efficient for current activity.

edit. actually i usually hit "User CP" first, then 'new posts'

since neither were options i picked the other forum i usually directly visit. bottling/kegging

Back