2013 Hop Rhizome Presale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrowheadHops

Reaction score
Arrowhead Hops is happy to announce the 2013 Hop Rhizome Presale! All rhizome varieties will be $3.50 each. Please visit http://www.arrowheadhops.com to place an order. Rhizomes will be shipped by late March/ Early April depending on weather conditions. We currently cannot ship rhizomes to WA, or ID. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks
Arrowhead Hops LLC

As of 02-08-2013 Magnum and Northern Brewer rhizomes are sold out!

Cascade, Centennial, Columbus, Galena, Mt. Hood, Nugget, Sterling, Willamette

I picked up plenty of rhizomes last year from a different retailer, but after speaking with these guys this summer at a beer event, i ordered some more. Top notch guys. Thanks!

They all will range around 6"-8". What we really want to do is send nice ones with nodes ready to grow.

That is about the prefect size for shipping and growing them.

I'm in Polk County, anyway of picking them up? Cheers

Considering ordering some for my first year attempt, to grow in a plastic tub/bucket. You guys are offering some of the best prices I've seen in my research... can't wait!

Since this is a pre-order, would there be any way to specify a later delivery date? For example if they suddenly shipped April 1st, I wouldn't be prepared.

Considering ordering some for my first year attempt, to grow in a plastic tub/bucket. You guys are offering some of the best prices I've seen in my research... can't wait!

Since this is a pre-order, would there be any way to specify a later delivery date? For example if they suddenly shipped April 1st, I wouldn't be prepared.

Rhizomes can be kept in the fridge for a long time if they ship early.

I can’t hold back orders, when we have them ready off they go. Like NivekD said, just put them in your frig and they can keep for months.

so.....anyone have any ideas on a variety that would do well here in the Vegas heat this summer?

I'm no expert, haven't grown my own hops yet, but I believe Cascades are some of the most hearty. Just water the roots when dry. I could have sworn I watched a youtube video a month ago, some guy from Vegas had a very healthy cascade deal going on.

Just ordered 2 cascade and 2 centennial rhizomes. My favorite beers I make is EdWorts pale ale (all cascade) and 2 hearted ale clone (all centennial).

Arrowhead, do you send out any tips on how to start growing them (nutrients needed, etc). Thanks!

Yeah you’ll get care info, also on our Facebook page during the season we talk about what stages and care were doing so you can follow along.

“Mini Farm” kits are now up on the website. Get six different varieties, twine and plant markers. A total savings of over $10!

Mini-Farm-Rhizome_6pack.jpg

sweetcell said:
you might try cascade and columbus, they do a little better in heat. see the "Hop grower's comparison table" in my signature for additional suggestions.

Thanks. I ordered a couple cascade so hopefully they survive out here.

Cheers

Hi Arrowhead,

Quick question. Since im in zone 9, my planting time is already here. Would you guys be able to ship to Texas before that late March date? Or do you guys have to wait.

Thanks much!

Hi Arrowhead,

Quick question. Since im in zone 9, my planting time is already here. Would you guys be able to ship to Texas before that late March date? Or do you guys have to wait.

Thanks much!

Chromebrew:

Our ground is frozen solid right now and I’m sure will be until mid march at best. So the late March/ early April time frame is the best we can do.

ArrowheadHops said:
“Mini Farm” kits are now up on the website. Get six different varieties, twine and plant markers. A total savings of over $10!

How do hop starts compare to rhizomes other then being an alive, sprouted plant? Do they typically produce more year one then rhizomes?

Brizzo:

Our hop starts have a nice developed root mass and we like to have multiple “breaks” or bines on each one usually around 6” or more long. As to how they compare to a rhizome pertaining to production I’ve had some produce several ounces year one and some produce a hand full or two of cones, but the same goes for rhizomes. It all really depends on quality of care, both are a good option.

Sweetness! Just got my order in. One each of Cascade, Centennial, Nugget and Willamette.

Right now I’ve got Hop Start “Mini Farms” on the website. You should have the ability to order single plants in a week or so.

Ordered my mini farm last night! Can't wait until spring

Latest posts

Back