Bulk Ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy them from a number of online retailers, but the biggest cost savings are realized if you get in on a pallet buy from one of the wholesale maltsters (North Country Malt, for example).

You can buy them from a number of online retailers, but the biggest cost savings are realized if you get in on a pallet buy from one of the wholesale maltsters (North Country Malt, for example).

Fly, Where is Hanover? I am interested in getting in on a pallet purchase. I would take 4 or 5 bags if the price was right and it happens near Philly. I priced out a pallet from North Country and was disappointed with the small discount they gave.

RonRock - Off topic, but that avitar just freaked me out.

One thing to check is any local micro-brews around you. If you can slide in with them your cost will be as low as possible.

Where do you buy 50 lb sacks of ingredients? Just checking up on AG cost savings.

If your in Underwood IA head into Omaha to one of the two Local Home Brew Shops (they are within a block of each other). Also I think the Omahops Homebrew Club is working on a group buy, but you might be too late for that their online calendar said they were discussing it at their last meeting in October.

In the interest of full disclosure I work part time at one of the two LHBS.

I buy my bulk grain from a LHBS that is actually a 100 mile trip for me and stock up on specialty grains when there. Any other specialties I pickup online. Talk to your local and I'm sure they can add it to their grain order.

Sack of Maris Otter and a sack of American 2-Row last a couple months. :D

If your in Underwood IA head into Omaha to one of the two Local Home Brew Shops (they are within a block of each other). Also I think the Omahops Homebrew Club is working on a group buy, but you might be too late for that their online calendar said they were discussing it at their last meeting in October.

In the interest of full disclosure I work part time at one of the two LHBS.

Hi Chris, Did we meet Saturday? I was in and talked to someone about Malt and Grains, bet it was you. Small world.

Ron

Hi Chris, Did we meet Saturday? I was in and talked to someone about Malt and Grains, bet it was you. Small world.

Ron

Probably, I only work there on Saturdays and pretty much live in the home brew area since my primary responsibility is preparing the weekly home brew supplies order to send to our wholesalers.

Yes, it is a small world...my in-laws live just outside Underwood.

Back