First solo & AG brew THIS WEEKEND

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gosassin

Reaction score
Good morning all! Suddenly it turns out that my first AG brew will also be my first solo brew, and it's happening this weekend. I didn't plan it that way; I had it set up to have an experienced brewbuddy come over and assist me, but he had forgotten about a wedding he's got to go out of town for. So I'm on my own! I've watched a few brews he's done and I've been reading a lot here and elsewhere, so I think I'll be OK, but wish me luck!

All will be fine. Relax, go over all the procedures in your head, and don't panic when you start to panic.

Relax, follow your procedures, and it's near impossible to fail.

Sounds good, you should stick in the chat during your brew session because there are people in there that will help out a lot. Soperbrew has helped me out a lot in the past.

now I have more, and it's boiling again. Anybody got any idea what that's going to do to the wort?

same thing happened to me this week i was able to get some propane ten minutes later... I figured if it was still hot the hops where still being extracted and just continued the hop additions. From the taste of the wort the hop flavor and bitterness was still there. should be fine.

Good to know; it only took me about 10 minutes too, so hopefully it won't really affect it. From the smell, taste and appearance all is well. It's fermenting away right now, and smells great!

Latest posts

Back