kegging my first cyser/cider (1st time kegging period)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A50SNAKE

Reaction score
hey all, I have some skeeter pee (~6G) and a cyser (~6G) (I just used apple juice fermented with honey) that I would like to get on draft and I was wondering a few things.

I'll create a new thread in the wine making section for my SP, I'll keep this one to just my cyser.

1.I have a Buon Vino mini jet wine filter, I use for filtering my wines, can I use that to filter my cyser? should I?

2.if I do filter, do I just filter from the carboy to the keg, via the lid hole, and then just close it up, and put it under pressure? sorry for the stupid question, as I said, I am new and I've watched soo many you tube videos and read so many posts...my mind is starting to get garbled (the wife would say, its always been that way, LOL):drunk:

3. I think I want to backsweeten my cyser using honey (it's a little dry now, I let it go too long I know), the same kind I used to make it with. being that I am going to keg it, would I add the honey (how much? I want it fairly sweet like a Somersby) and maybe some metabisulfites, let that sit for a bit and then put it into the keg? or can I just do all that in the keg, and let it sit in the kegerator to carb up? or do I need to add something else?

thanks for any and all help.

ok, I filtered my first cyser (I have two ready) and let it rack on top of 6 campden and 1.5 tsp potassium sorbate, all into my bucket.

from there I used my auto-siphon and filled a 1G carboy and then starting filling my cleaned and sanitized corny keg, thru the lid opening and I filled it to where the weld bead is on the inside, looks like a ring that goes all the way around.

I wasn't sure how far I can/should fill it.

also, not sure what to do now...I know I need to put CO2 to it, but not sure how much, for how long. I'm thinking that I need to get out the oxygen that is in there now.

do I just add CO2 and use the pressure release valve to bleed out the oxygen?

thanks for any help

Back