Hops Direct Pellets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
Anyone know when the new crop of pellets usually arrives? Looks like they have whole hops up there for 2012. Psych.

Also have you seen any other sources of 2012 hops out? Thanks.

Can't seem to get on touch with these guys on their contact form...anyone remember last year?

I'm running low on hops

Last year I ordered Amarillo VGXP01 leaf the first day it was available (sold out in less than a day) and that was 10-5-11 . It appears they are a couple weeks early this year as the leaf went on sale last week.

I suspect in a few days

BTW: what is the deal with centennial? is this OLD variety the new "must have" hop?

I just made a pre-order with labelpeelers.com, yesterday. They are advertising that they should be able to ship the new crop somewhere between late October - mid November. I've never ordered from them before, so I can't speak for their service or product. I wanted to purchase a lot, and wanted to make sure I got what I needed, so I figured I'd give them a shot. Might be worth looking into.

Last year I ordered Amarillo VGXP01 leaf the first day it was available (sold out in less than a day) and that was 10-5-11 . It appears they are a couple weeks early this year as the leaf went on sale last week.

I suspect in a few days

BTW: what is the deal with centennial? is this OLD variety the new "must have" hop?

Apparently. Just about everywhere sold out last year, so that means it's the best hop in the world, right?

I like it a lot, but I'm not going out of my way to get it. The 70/30 mix of Cascade and Columbus works fine enough for my purposes. And it's a whole lot cheaper too.

Apparently. Just about everywhere sold out last year, so that means it's the best hop in the world, right?

I like it a lot, but I'm not going out of my way to get it. The 70/30 mix of Cascade and Columbus works fine enough for my purposes. And it's a whole lot cheaper too.

I didn't mean that I think this is the best hop ever.... far from it, but it is a good judge of availability

I didn't mean that I think this is the best hop ever.... far from it, but it is a good judge of availability

I was agreeing with you. Just because Centennial sold out last year I'm expecting anyone who wants some from this year's crop will have to act fast to if they want to order from hopsdirect at least. I think they were out by the 4th or 5th day of listing them last year if I remember at all correctly.

I've spoke with several hops farmers around the PNW. The consensus is; Centennial and Cascade will both be in short supply. Citra is also nearly completely contracted out and may become a little more difficult to procure.

FYI - Simcoe leaf just posted to Freshops. 3lb limit.

I've spoke with several hops farmers around the PNW. The consensus is; Centennial and Cascade will both be in short supply. .

I seem to remember seeing a graph of all hops grown in the US and recall Cascade being somewhere around a60% slice of the pie. Hard to believe it will be such a hard commodity to get. Must have been a really bad year

nothing to contribute other than stating i freaking love citrusy hops. I have 8oz from last year's amarillo but they might me going stale, i'm anxiously waiting for some citra because that tangerine smell is just delicious. If i could dry hop all beers with a mixture of cascade, centennial, citra, amarillo & summit i'd be the happiest man alive

Thanks for the updates - what about English hops are they on the same schedule?

I have been contacted by Hopsdirect. Citra will be released to the public from their website in late October/early November in pellet form. Very limited quanities. They said most of their pellets will be out last week of October through mid-November

Back