Winter Seasonal Beer Holiday Spice Group Brew (Southcoast Homebrewers Association)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddymem

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Brewer\\'s Choice
Yeast Starter
Brewer\\'s Choice
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Brewer\\'s Choice
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Brewer\\'s Choice
Additional Fermentation
Brewer\\'s Choice
Tasting Notes
Nice lightly spiced beer, great to go with dinner-the spices are subdued enough.
This is a group brew beer where 20 gallons of beer is made in one pot with a concentrated 12 gallon boil and diluted down to 4 shares of 5 gallons each. Each brewer goes home and ferments, bottles or kegs to their own tastes. We then got back together to sample them. Really good recipe. We did a BIAB mini mash for this. I will probably scale this recipe to 5 gallons and convert to all grain this year.

A picture is worth 1,000 words:
dsc000121.jpg
If you can't read this, message me and I will put up in text format.

150F mini mash for 60 minutes in 5.4 gallons of water. We sparged in a couple gallons of 169F water. Added the sparge water and brought it up to boiling. Flame off, added extract, stirred, topped up to 12 gallons, brought back to boil.

Blog post on our brew day:
http://littlehouseonthesandpit.word...ers-association-holiday-spice-ale-group-brew/

Back