Burner options with 2 psi propane?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotdane

Reaction score
My house is plumbed with 2psi propane lines. My current burner is hooked to a secondary regulator dropping to 10in pressure. Are there any burner options to give more output without going to a 20psi Banjo? Now that I am spoiled by being piped into the house supply I really hate the idea of going back to portable propane tanks.

My house is plumbed with 2psi propane lines. My current burner is hooked to a secondary regulator dropping to 10in pressure. Are there any burner options to give more output without going to a 20psi Banjo? Now that I am spoiled by being piped into the house supply I really hate the idea of going back to portable propane tanks.

Anything above 11WC or 0.5 lbs/square inches is considered high pressure Propane. Why can't you use a Banjo burner and just drill out the orifice a tiny bit to compensate for the lower propane pressure?

Hurricane burner has a 1 psi propane regulator available as the standard equipment to fire it.

I am going to go with ring burners. Search for 10 tip burner and you will find a good thread about them. I am going to go with 23-tips burners for my HLT and BK, and a 10-tip burner for my MLT.

Is the only difference between a Banjo and Hurricane burner the operating pressure and orfice size? The burners appear identical.

Back