Grain Mills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnyjim

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been looking for a hand cranked grain mill lately and cannot find one anywhere near where I live for the life of me. I know they run in and around the 30-40$ range and you can find them on Ebay for about that price but because it is a big hunk of metal the shipping is through the roof. Does anybody know where to get one of these at a local store/big chain?(Canada stores). I tried Walmart, Canadian Tire, Home Hardware, a Home Improvement store, Zellers, even some small town shops and antique stores. I would go for a crankandstien but right now I just don't have the $$$.

I just called the Princess Auto in Ottawa and they said they don't carry them at all. From their website it looks like they should carry it in the farming equipment area but unfortunately not. Thanks for the lead though brad

I bought a Corona knock-off from "Discount Tommy" on Ebay (at the recommendation of a few posts on HBT). I think it was around $32 including shipping. Not sure how much shipping increases to Canada, though...

(My efficiency increased over 10% using my own crush. Needed to fiddle with it to get the mill set up, but worked great.)

Back