New Tap Handles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Figured I'd post a pic of them. I'm pretty stoked. When my dad came to visit a few weeks ago I showed him the keezer and mentioned tap handles and how much they cost. He said his buddy owed him a few favors and he'd see what he could do. Less than a month later, new taphandles. All I paid for were the inserts.

Cherry, Walnut, Ash and Ipay wood.

IMGP4477.2.jpg

Veeeery nice. And the price is right too. Did you donate any thank-you beers to the craftsman?

cool man. i can't wait to turn a few (my lathe is gathering the wrong kind of dust), those look great!

Nice, i wana build a keezer, brewstand and all those awesome diy jobs i see on this website but apartment livings restricts that right now.

Nice, i wana build a keezer, brewstand and all those awesome diy jobs i see on this website but apartment livings restricts that right now.

Nah, you just have to be resourceful. Use the keezer for a TV stand or something instead of buying a seperate one. :D

Wow, fukkin IPÊ!? That's killer stuff. Talk about a dense wood. I have a couple board laying around. You ever want to build a natural-wood deck that doesn't need sealing and will last forever, IPÊ is how to roll.

I got my inserts from Northern brewer for $1.75. They're beer specific to fit the threads of a faucet tap. Outter thread thread into makeshift tap handle, inner thread onto faucet.

Couldn't find the inserts at Home Depot. You can order from an online source or check out a specialty nut/bolt or woodworking store. The local price I paid was comparable to NB.

If u cant find the wright inserts you can just retap just abought any thing thats what i had to do. nice handles.

Back