Hop Group buy salt Lake, Utah area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
Below is what we can buy, 107.00 for 7 lbs or 112 ounces of hops. divided evenly between 4 people will net each 28 ounces for 27.00 each

its over a 50% savings not to mention the last bag of hops I paid 3.00 for it from lhbs and it weighed only .73 of an ounce. :confused:

Shipping doesn't vary,but only a few cents between 2 lbs vs. 7 lbs., so its better to get 7.

let me know!!!! id like to buy these before saturday the 14th 2013

All are pellet except EKG they were sold out of the pellet form.

Subtotal: $93.05
Shipping Method Price
FedEx (Ground Home Delivery) $13.12
FedEx (FedEx 2 Day) $35.81
USPS (Express Mail - Regular) $75.90

* State/Province:
* Zip/Postcode:

Cancel or
Grand Total: $93.05
CHALLENGER -- Pellets
Packa​ge Si​ze: 1 #
Change

Remove
$14.00 $14.00
CASCADE -- Pellets
Change

Remove
$12.20 $12.20
EAST KENT GOLDING -- Leaf
Leaf ​Sizes​: 1 lb.
Change

Remove
$15.10 $15.10
CALYPSO -- Pellet
Change

Remove
$13.80 $13.80
BELMA™ ™ -- Pellets
Change

Remove
$7.85 $7.85
CHINOOK -- Pellets
Change

Remove
$15.95 $15.95
HALLERTAU US-- Pellets
Change

Remove
$14.15 $14.15

--

Where are you ordering from, if you don't mind me asking?... and is it too late?

I didn't have enough people. I had only one other person and I believe they only wanted 2 types of the lot so it made it difficult, but now that I know your interested I can keep you posted on any further bulk buys.

I was going to buy these myself and just sell it parted out on line, but not worth the effort. i'd rather have 4 people.

I ended up buying 1lb of cascade pellets from ebay, and they were very potent and inexpensive. I paid 12.00 with shipping.

The site is hops direct, but I just looked at the chinook and the price has doubled. they were 7.80 per pound and now they are asking 15.80 per pound.

what hops were you interested in?

Last year I stocked up on EKG, Cascade, Magnum, Northern Brewer, Hallertau and Amarillo from Hops Direct. I emailed them yesterday to find out if I missed out on EKG pellets and they said they were still in shipment, so the 2013 EKG pellets haven't arrived yet. I use a lot of EKG and plan to use a lot of cascade, so I'd be happy to go in on a group order and will probably order more of those varieties myself. I'd happily take some Hallertau. I have an unopened never left the freezer lb of Belma from the 2012 harvest, not sure if I want to commit a brew day to testing it. The rest I would be happy to take a few oz for experimentation purposes as I haven't used any of them.

I brew mostly English styles.

Last year I ordered pretty much all leaf hops. I like leaf hops...just don't like storing them. This year I'm going with pretty much all pellet hops but looks like I'll grab a lb of leaf EKG and then more when the pellets arrive.

Would love to go in on a group buy but I'm about to pull the trigger on an order for myself. If anyone wants to add a lb or so to what I'm ordering let me know ASAP... We'll divide the shipping by pounds ordered and you pay the base price of your order plus your share of the shipping (looks like a couple bucks at the most).

Plan to order tomorrow (late, I work nights and wake up around 4pm and will probably order after my wife goes to bed at about 1am) with or without anyone taking me up on this. Don't want to mess with split orders too much (if it works it works, but that's on your end) as this will happen tomorrow no matter what and either you're in for a lb or you're out.

I'll keep the hops in the original packages in a 0F chest freezer until you can pick them up. I'm in West Jordan right next to Jordan Landing.

Sorry yewtah, not to hijack your thread. Gonna place an order one way or another tomorrow, figure shipping gets a lot cheaper with every lb ordered.

Last year I ordered pretty much all leaf hops. I like leaf hops...just don't like storing them. This year I'm going with pretty much all pellet hops but looks like I'll grab a lb of leaf EKG and then more when the pellets arrive.

Would love to go in on a group buy but I'm about to pull the trigger on an order for myself. If anyone wants to add a lb or so to what I'm ordering let me know ASAP... We'll divide the shipping by pounds ordered and you pay the base price of your order plus your share of the shipping (looks like a couple bucks at the most).

Plan to order tomorrow (late, I work nights and wake up around 4pm and will probably order after my wife goes to bed at about 1am) with or without anyone taking me up on this. Don't want to mess with split orders too much (if it works it works, but that's on your end) as this will happen tomorrow no matter what and either you're in for a lb or you're out.

I'll keep the hops in the original packages in a 0F chest freezer until you can pick them up. I'm in West Jordan right next to Jordan Landing.

Sorry yewtah, not to hijack your thread. Gonna place an order one way or another tomorrow, figure shipping gets a lot cheaper with every lb ordered.

No worries about hijacking the thread, its for anyone who wants to communicate for a bulk buy and I am interested in a lb of something, Ill let you know in the next hour. looks like we have the same schedule. I'm up at 3 pm

ill do a pound of Belma if we can keep it around 10.00 or close to it, 7.85 pound, plus shipping!

Cool, assuming no one else joins in it's close enough to $10 that I'll call that good.

I have a lb of Belma from the 2012 harvest still in the original Hops Direct packaging and kept below freezing since arrival. If you're interested in it it's yours.

Yewtah-brewha, whatever works best for you is fine by me, if you want to give me $10 in cash when you pick-up that's cool. If you'd rather paypal me ahead of time that's cool too.

If its okay Ill just pay cash when I pick them up! I'll buy the 2012 belma crop from you as well. Im about 15 minutes to the north of you, pm me your contact info when ready.

I run Vernal Brewing Company in Vernal, UT. We have 90 lbs of Northern Brewer and Perle whole leaf hops for sale by the box if anyone is interested.

Back