Bishops Finger Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
Looking for a Bishops Finger recipe in extract or possibly partial infusion mash.

Anyone brewed anything very close to BF? :mug:

Can't find REAL Bishops Finger around Florence SC. Had a craving.

FYI I found this recipe posted back in 2002 on another site.

Bishop's Finger Kentish Ale - April 2002
This beer is a knock-off of a great British Special Bitter. It is a light copper color with a smoky yet caramel malt profile. The British hops provide enough bite to balance the beer and just enough earthy aroma to make you ask for more. This recipe was gleaned from the very nice Clone Brews book -- with a few modifications. Brew and enjoy.

All-Grain Version
8 lbs of British Maris Otter Pale Malt
10 oz. 77L British Crystal Malt
12 oz. British Torrified Wheat
4 oz. British Amber Malt

8.5 HBU UK Brewer's Gold : Boil 60 minutes
0.5 oz. UK East Kent Goldings : Add to boil for the final 15 minutes
0.5 oz. UK Challenger : Add to boil for the final 15 minutes
0.5 oz. UK East Kent Goldings : Add to boil for the final 1 minute
0.5 oz. Fuggle : Add to boil for the final 1 minute

White Labs English Ale or Dry English Ale

Mash all grains at 150-152°F for 1 hour. Target OG: 1.039-1.045 Ferment at 65-68°F

Extract Version
For extract version, substitute 6.25 lbs Briess Gold dry malt extract for the Pale Malt

Here's inspiration for you.

279012493_0d7dd915cf_o.jpg

bf5.jpg

ORFY! Those are some Fine British Wenches! Need to find one of those, to go along with the Bishops Finger clone.

I was just searching for a recipe of bishop finger, thank you, the one I found here sounds like something I will manage to cook. I believe, it will taste awesome with some good beer, so I believe, my husband will appreciate this surprise, instead of a traditional family supper. Thanks again, for the recipe and inspiration!

Back