brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go bigger. You'll be glad you did. Google "update international", or look at acitydiscount.com

If you are only looking for a 30Qt, check your local Wal-Mart or other discount stores. The ones in my area have some heavy SS pots with the three layer bottoms for about $45.

jay_mack1 said:
http://www.target.com/Bayou-Classic...&field-browse=13935851&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=3

Is that what you mean my bigger, better and its one of the smaller ones!

Jay

That's a ridiculous price! If you don't mind aluminum (it really doesn't affect your beer, and transfers heat better) you can get a huge aluminum stockpot from acitydiscount.com. They also have SS. A 30 qt. still runs a definite risk of boil over, that's why I recommend something bigger. 60 qts. will be all you ever need.

My friend picked a nice size stainless pot at family dollar a couple of years ago. I forget how big and the price but it was a really good deal. He used it to fry a turkey. It might take some hunting around to find one.

ScubaSteve said:
Go bigger. You'll be glad you did. Google "update international",

+1. I have several cooking pots and pans from this company and really like them. I just bought a 30 qt to use as an HLT and paid $49 plus shipping. I like them as they are magnetic and can be used with induction cookers, which I happen to have a couple of. It's like cooking with gas, but there is no gas.

Volrath is another good manufacturer but are a little more expensive.

Just got my 160qt (yeah - that's 40 gallons) Update International Aluminum Stock Pot from Instawares. Thought I'd post up about it...

The quality is great. Almost 1/4" thick, heavy riveted handles, nice smooth finish... A few dents in the very top, but I'm chocking that up to UPS considering the condition of the box when it arrived.

Price, can't be beat! $80 for the 160qt. I was looking at 60qt aluminum pots before. Shipping was another $30, so $110 all together, not bad!

Shipped within a day. I also ordered about 8 other items that shipped from 4 warehouses, all but 2 showed up today, should be getting the rest tomorrow(again, blame being placed on ups). I'll re-post if there is any problems in getting the rest.

Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread, but I got a new brewpot today as well. 20quarts for $20, which is pretty good cause the closest thing I could find was 25qt for $90. The only problem is that the bottom is quite thin. I am worried about scorching the wort because of the thinness of it. What solutions do you have?

Thanks.

mrfocus said:
Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread, but I got a new brewpot today as well. 20quarts for $20, which is pretty good cause the closest thing I could find was 25qt for $90. The only problem is that the bottom is quite thin. I am worried about scorching the wort because of the thinness of it. What solutions do you have?

Thanks.

If doing extract just flame off before adding it. Then make sure it's compleatly mixed in before kicking the fire back on.

If doing AG, don't worry about it.

5isnotenough said:
Just got my 160qt (yeah - that's 40 gallons) Update International Aluminum Stock Pot from Instawares. Thought I'd post up about it...

The quality is great. Almost 1/4" thick, heavy riveted handles, nice smooth finish... A few dents in the very top, but I'm chocking that up to UPS considering the condition of the box when it arrived.

Price, can't be beat! $80 for the 160qt. I was looking at 60qt aluminum pots before. Shipping was another $30, so $110 all together, not bad!

Shipped within a day. I also ordered about 8 other items that shipped from 4 warehouses, all but 2 showed up today, should be getting the rest tomorrow(again, blame being placed on ups). I'll re-post if there is any problems in getting the rest.

Damn due that's one hell of a deal. I want one but I have no need for it right now. :(

I'm going to pick up my new 60 qt alum. kettle from UPS in a few minutes that I ordered from Instawares via eBay. Not to turn this into yet another stupid alum vs SS argument, but I can't justify the extra cost of SS. I paid $70 shipped for that 15 gallon kettle, and there's no way any SS even approaches anything that cheap.

Evan! said:
I'm going to pick up my new 60 qt alum. kettle from UPS in a few minutes that I ordered from Instawares via eBay. Not to turn this into yet another stupid alum vs SS argument, but I can't justify the extra cost of SS. I paid $70 shipped for that 15 gallon kettle, and there's no way any SS even approaches anything that cheap.
I paid $132 shipped for a keggle from Sabco. I know it's more, but IN MY OPINION, its worth it. Not only because it's stainless(Easier to care for/clean/more durable, etc), but it helps me sleep better at night knowing that I have SS vs Aluminum. Also, that I acquired a keggle legally.

But again, for the record, that is my opinion without any scientific backing. So now I am flameproof :)

EDIT: Oh, and it's 15.5 gallons, hehe ;)

Back