So how many corny kegs exactly is too many?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 30 or so. I like to have a few ready to go at all times and I like to clean in batches, so maybe 20-22 are full at any point.

Or poke the center of the gas in post, poke the wrong one and get a sticky shower :) On a pin lock it's the one with 2 pins ..

I currently have 6 cornies and 1 1/6 sanke, I'm using them to ferment in too and I'd like 4 or 5 more

I never even considered the fact that they might be hasn't unavailable some day! Now I feel bad I had sold some on ebay a while back! OH well, just have to keep all the ready I can get my hands on!

I never even considered the fact that they might be hasn't unavailable some day! Now I feel bad I had sold some on ebay a while back! OH well, just have to keep all the ready I can get my hands on!

They've been saying that for as long as I've been brewing and if anything they are even more prevalent now than ever. I think the danger that they won't be around is greatly overspoken.

I had 10 but recently bought 4 more. 9 being used currently. They all shall be in use prior to next winter. Trying to see if I can avoid brewing Dec-March.

pavs said:
I doubt that in the next 6 months they would all be used. The most that I've had filled at once was 7. 3 on tap and 4 ageing. I am running out of space but my wife is not complaining. I have a hard time letting go of things.

Wife Not Complaining, then not too many!

I just bought my first corny today from my LHBS and ordered the Sanke to Homebrew conversion kit from kegconnection :ban:

I have a one tap kegerator right now so I only really need one but I will probably end up buying a few more to condition beer while I am working on kicking the keg I have tapped.

Good news, guys...brought 2 corny kegs home today per my post earlier, and the wife thinks i should get 2 more and make a keezer now.....YES!

I have 18 five gallon kegs and one 3 gallon keg and can only fit 5 in my keezer at one time....crazy? maybe ;)

I had 15 and just got 4 more the other day. I can fit 8 in my keezer. I have two that I use for root beer and one that I have parted out. Currently, I have 13 full and 20 gallons in secondaries. Guess I need a few more. (What is the name of the bus driver?)

Just picked up my 6th and 7th on Sunday, I can only fit 2 in my kegerator, but that might have to change. I also had to pick up 3 for my brother inlaw, maybe i'll get lucky and he wont want them.

STUPID question, but just bought 2 corny kegs, came full of co2 to show they hold pressure...what is best way to purge them? Just hold open the blower?

Thanks, all...

-the noob.

Your's came with a blower? Mine are only supercharged. You could try pulling the pressure release valve, or flipping the grey lever, depending on the lid.

_

Your's came with a blower? Mine are only supercharged. You could try pulling the pressure release valve, or flipping the grey lever, depending on the lid.

_

BAhahahah, lol this is too funny, I love this response! ALthough I know whats its like to be a noob!

:mug:

They've been saying that for as long as I've been brewing and if anything they are even more prevalent now than ever. I think the danger that they won't be around is greatly overspoken.

+1

They do seem to be getting a little more expensive. Still cheaper than a carboy so if I can convert all the 5 year primary guys here to a 10-14 day primary and then into a keg, I will save them tons of money.

Thats another thing that I've learned from this site. I would never gave thought to use my keg as a fermenter, but now I realize that I have several new ones!

I have around 20. I keep getting a few more each year, as opportunities arise. My best one was when SWMBO was at a tag sale, and calls me and says "they have some kegs here, I think, do you want them?" I ended up with three 5-gallons and one 3-gallon for like $20 total. :ban:

I felt slightly guilty for about 30 seconds.

This year I had to pay $26 each for the three I bought. Still cheaper than anything I can find online (for ball locks anyway)

Back