Any good sour beer books?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Looking for a good book on brewing sour beers. Think im getting close to trying to brew some and wanted to read up some, before trying.

Thanks.

Not a common topic, even the Classic Beer Styles series doesn't have one. You might try "Brew Classic European Beers At Home", which has an appendix on sour beers. Or look into lambics: Lambic by J-X Guinard (also CBSS #3) I have several CBSS books and find them informative

david_42 said:
Not a common topic, even the Classic Beer Styles series doesn't have one. You might try "Brew Classic European Beers At Home", which has an appendix on sour beers. Or look into lambics: Lambic by J-X Guinard (also CBSS #3) I have several CBSS books and find them informative

Thats kind of what I was worried about. Ill look into those that you listed, thanks:rockin:

Everybody says to read Wild Brews, must be good. I'm going to 'check it out' from my new homebrew clubs library next month. I'll let you know.

I have Wild Brews and I love it. Definitely a great book that I would highly recommend it to any brewer, from an educational and artistic perspective.

Back