14 days and still no carbonation!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregR

Reaction score
[rant]ugh! this is the first time this has happened to me. I guess it's bound to happen once or twice. I've been trying to diagnose the problem and the only thing that I've done different with this batch is racking to a secondary. the only other thing I can think of is it's been a kind of hot in San Diego and the beer was bottle conditioning in the garage. so maybe the yeast was killed due to the temperature. that or something happened while sitting in the secondary. ugh.[/rant]

the sad part is it tastes really good. just no fizz. I mean nothing at all. I'll give it another week and see if anything even starts to happen but I'm not thinking it will. I guess I just have a batch of flat beer.

You can always add back to a fermenter with a little yeast, leave a few days to a week and re prime then bottle. Or you could add a little yeast to each bottle.

You can always add back to a fermenter with a little yeast, leave a few days to a week and re prime then bottle. Or you could add a little yeast to each bottle.

I was wondering if I could do something like that. I'm not sure if I want to go back to a fermenter because I'll be brewing again on Tuesday. how much yeast should I add to each bottle? (everything is bottled in 22oz bottles)

or maybe I should just start kegging . . .

LOL I wish it was something as easy as that. at least then I would KNOW what the problem is.

so, I was SURE I added the sugar water. I KNOW I added the sugar water. I'm POSITIVE i added the sugar water. . . or so I thought. . .

my brew buddy was taking care boiling the sugar water while I was sanitizing everything for bottling. well he got side tracked because his room mates needed to talk to him. he never got around to adding the sugar to the water! while he was talking to his room mates I assumed the sugar was in the water already. nope! so instead of adding the sugar water to the beer I just added water.:drunk: at east I know what the problem is now. I feel really dumb doing something like this but oh well. I guess I'll just open the bottles and pour a little sugar in each one and see if anything happens.

i'm no expert by any means but instead of adding a "little sugar" to each bottle and risk death by flying glass bottle bombs... why not use carbonation drops. 2 per each 22oz bottle wait 3 weeks and bobs your uncle!

yeah... it'd be nice to have you around long enough to make it to 100 posts and contribute some boob shots after you upgrade your membership ;-)

Back