Northern brewer brunch stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynoryan

Reaction score
Beginner here. Just ordered this extract recipe and was interested in anyone's advice on it. I would be interested in how long someone has aged it and similar other things. I really want the chocolate and coffee to come through in the flavors. So if anyone has brewed this and has advice I greatly appreciate it.

With a OG at 1.068 its gonna take a bit for the beer to really come together. I haven't brewed this particular recipe, but I'd age it for a couple months before drinking. If you follow the recipe then it looks like your chocolate and coffee flavors should be pretty noticeable. Again, that's just me looking at the recipe on the site and making an educated guess, someone who's actually brewed it may have better advice.

Bramstoker17 said:
With a OG at 1.068 its gonna take a bit for the beer to really come together. I haven't brewed this particular recipe, but I'd age it for a couple months before drinking. If you follow the recipe then it looks like your chocolate and coffee flavors should be pretty noticeable. Again, that's just me looking at the recipe on the site and making an educated guess, someone who's actually brewed it may have better advice.

I was thinking of aging at the least two months. Thanks for the reply.

Back