My brewing toolbox

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
I have mentioned before that I store all my brewing equipment in my basement, and brew in my back yard. The ritual for brew day involves many trips up and down the steps and I invetable foget a lot of smaller items. With the recent addition of my March pump, I found myself needing a mounting plate, switch and waterproofing solution, and I figured I would make this a dual purpose project. I bought a plastic tool box from HD for $9 and hacked it to my needs. Currently, it is only used as a housing for the pump and storage, but I have some plans to add more bling to it.

There was no need for me to incorporate a GFI outlet since the power source I use outside is GFI.

Sorry about the crappy pics, the digital camera is on the fritz so these are cell phone pics.

Front
1.jpg

Inside, tray removed
2.jpg

Inside, tray in place
3.jpg

Lid storage
4.jpg

Let me know your thoughts.

Ryan

Looks great. My only concern would be with heat buildup and the tolerance of the plastic.

How hot does your pump get?

The heat build up was my primary concern when I thought about this, however there are quie a few similar, single puropse builds, that have a much smaller enclosure and they have no heat issues. Also, if you have a pump, you know they take time to get hot, and you only need o run the pump for maybe 5-7 minutes to move 5-6 gallons.

Ryan, I love that idea, and find myself quite jealous. (I have the tool box, but SWMBO has not yet given the 'green light'for a march pump purchase :mad: ).

When I get my march, that will be exactly what i do with it! (Untill my brew rig gets built...I've set a personal deadline of June 2012)

Cheers, and nice work!

Rhino

That is one NICE tool box!!! Total sweetness!!!

Rhino17 said:
Ryan, I love that idea, and find myself quite jealous. (I have the tool box, but SWMBO has not yet given the 'green light'for a march pump purchase :mad: ).

When I get my march, that will be exactly what i do with it! (Untill my brew rig gets built...I've set a personal deadline of June 2012)

Cheers, and nice work!

Rhino

http://morebeer.com/view_product/17314/102345 to go with... http://cgi.ebay.com/March-MFG-Pump-...ryZ46547QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ? maybe??? I just did a quick search, not sure if those 2 would match up at all. After buying my pump off of morebeer I'm happy with it. I would just like to see everybody else feeling the love. I've heard of people getting similar pumps to the march pumps on morebeer from ebay around $40. Happy shopping!

Great idea, but my only suggestion would be to bend some stainless flat bar into some "U" shapes for the cord storage...would make it look more "industrial". Other than that, it looks like a good rig. I found this by searching for brewing toolbox.

Hope it works well for you.

Back