Central valley or bay area members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got well over 100 members, usually somewhere between 40-50 show up each meeting.

Definitely come out, we have members from the Hanford/Lemoore/Visalia area as well.

If you make it out to a meeting, find me (Aaron) and I'll get you all setup.

Sounds great Aaron! Thanks for getting back to me. I'll let you know if I can make your Aug 17 meeting.

I may put a few in for the fair too. Never really thought about it much. Thanks for the info.

BTW, I'm in Visalia.

Just came across this thread, thought id give it a bump!!

Im here in turlock!

Lol. I happen to be in Turlock this very moment, too. Meeting with my pastor and then heading to Bevmo. :)

Whatcha getting at bevmo? Ive been looking for a local brew club..any that are still active?

I used to work there at Brown Sheet Metal in oakdale.

I wasn't really sure what I'd find at the Turlock BevMo. I happened to be over at Panera for a meeting, and decided to stop in to see if anything caught my eye. I ended up getting a bottle of Dust Bowl's The Therapist and Anderson Valley Bourbon Stout. (Which I had for the first time at 10 EAST Kitchen and Taps.)

As I'm not real big into the club scene, I don't know who all is super active these days, but if I were in Turlock, I'd start with these guys: http://centralvalleybrewersguild.com/ I know they had an October Meeting over at Mark Ranes' place.

Taliesin said:
I wasn't really sure what I'd find at the Turlock BevMo. I happened to be over at Panera for a meeting, and decided to stop in to see if anything caught my eye. I ended up getting a bottle of Dust Bowl's The Therapist and Anderson Valley Bourbon Stout. (Which I had for the first time at 10 EAST Kitchen and Taps.) As I'm not real big into the club scene, I don't know who all is super active these days, but if I were in Turlock, I'd start with these guys: http://centralvalleybrewersguild.com/ I know they had an October Meeting over at Mark Ranes' place.
I just bought 2 bottles of therapist a few weeks ago. I sent one in a trade. 10 east is awesome it love the tap selection.

Descender said:
Fresno here. Just meads, ciders, and crazy "wines" though.
Awesome I do a little bit of that. I just harvested my peach tree and made 5 gal of wine. Got 1 gallon of my green grape vine too unsure of the variety.

Sup guys! New member from Tracy, getting ready to make my first homebrew here soon :).

Hey whats up? Im here to help if you have any questions! Good luck!

Thanks dude! It looks like I'm getting a kit going from Northern Brewer (they have a $56 deal on their essential kit right now, too good to pass up), but do you have any tips on LHBS places worth patronizing around here, for smaller purchases/ingredient kits/etc? I get down towards your way (Modesto) a decent amount so anything around there is pretty good for me.

Im new to modesto, from tampa florida. barley wine still the lhbs here? I work for SolarCity now. more time to brew.

Im new to modesto, from tampa florida. barley wine still the lhbs here? I work for SolarCity now. more time to brew.

Not sure what you have up in that area, but Modesto is only about an hour or so from Concord, so you could always head over to MoreBeer. If you join a club, they give you a 10% discount in store.

Ya barley and wine is still our store.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There is also the shop on mchenry still right. One that feels like you are heading to an apartment but it is actually a homebrew store. I will take mail order or a nice drive over either option unless we are talking yeast in this wonderful heat wave we are having.

I'll bump the thread, live in Lemoore. All grain brews 5 gals upgrading to tens and twenties soon. Bbq is always a must on brew day.

I'm a brewing out in Fresno, I grew up in the Bay Area. 5 gallon batches for me, usually extract but I've done a few all grain batches. Plan on doing an all grain pumpkin beer next weekend!

I'm brewing in Laton (near Hanford), brewing all grain. 5 gallon batches, i would go bigger if I had the gear. I Would love to try to brew with others on brew day and have Abbq

Hey guys, just gonna throw this out there.

I picked up a batch of grains (mixed in the same bag) the other day and completely got the wrong grains. Since I only do 3 gallon batches I couldn't figure out a way to salvage this into a batch, so if anybody in the area is could use these let me know and they're yours!

I'm in Tracy but am around the valley (up to Sacramento) and tri-valley area a lot.

The batch is mixed together, but unmilled.

The bag has this:

4lbs Fawcett Maris Otter
8oz Fawcett Pale Chocolate
8oz Baird Crystal 60
8oz Briess Chocolate (350L)

Let me know! I'll hang on to them for awhile. It's not much, I just hate tossing a good bag of grains.

Ya sure I actually live in turlock but have been commuting to the Bay Area. My parents live in Manteca so we should be able to work something out.

Thanks!

My wife bought me a nice kit from morebeer for Christmas, it came with a blond ale. I'll be bottling it next weekend.

Since we are all in the Central Valley, does anyone have a sanitary stainless welder they recommend?

Black bridge brewing systems in Visalia. Julian Sprague is his name. He brews for Kaweah Brewing too.

It looks like my job will have me in San rafael for 3 months starting on Feb 23th. Looking for any good brewery, brewpub and home-brew shop suggestions. thanks. :mug:

It looks like my job will have me in San rafael for 3 months starting on Feb 23th. Looking for any good brewery, brewpub and home-brew shop suggestions. thanks. :mug:

Head north to Petaluma for Lagunitas, then a little further north to Santa Rosa for Russian River Brewing.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any advice on finding reasonable rentals. Never been anywhere that expensive before. Might turn the offer down. Crazy.

Back