TV show Dirty Jobs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBeemer

Reaction score
Did anyone see the Dirty Jobs show a couple days ago where they were harvesting Hops up in Washington state. A rather intresting show.
I would of liked to of just picked off what went back into the ground as they did not strip off 100% of the hops buds, some got thru the strippers.
I hope they rerun that show again as I missed the start of it.
Cheers.

I kept saying 'Bines! With a b!'

It was interesting, but hardly 'dirty.' The vellum making later in the show had more of that, at least.

I hope they rerun that show again as I missed the start of it.Cheers.

You actually probably caught a rerun as it's been on many many times, and discussed about here as well. Take a peak below at the bottom of the page for "related threads".

May not have been dirty, but I would have loved to have been there.

I kept saying 'Bines! With a b!'

It was interesting, but hardly 'dirty.' The vellum making later in the show had more of that, at least.

Yeah that vellum process sure looked nasty i'll have to pass on that one.
I have worked in sewage treatment plats many years and from the start of the process to the drinkable water at the end. Not me i'm no end tester.
We had giant pumps of 85 HP that stood 18' tall with the pump frame casted in with the words Muffin Monster besides the grated skimmer they showed on TV. Hey thanks above replies on those other hops shows, i've missed a lot of TV time, shall look into them. Thanks again.

I missed that show when it originally aired, so I downloaded it online to check it out. Those mountains of picked hops had me all :eek:

Harvesting hops in large quantities results in being covered with resin, which is very difficult to remove even though is too fine to see.

Back