CO2 quick disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsonbrew

Reaction score
I have been trying to put together some quick disconnects for my CO2 tank. I am trying to put together 3 different systems so I can use 1 CO2 tank. I have a keezer, I am building a jockey box and I want a simple line to make it easier to clean and force carb kegs. My LHBS has a system but its $22 bucks for one system and $13 for each of the extra couplers. I thought it would be easy to find the pieces elsewhere but I am finding that the sizes are not for a 5/16 hose like I have for the gas. Can I just use 1/4 inch pieces and make sure to tighten down the hose with the hose clamps or is there something easier and cheaper that any of you are using. I am trying to keep my eyes closed to the overall cost but SWMBO is starting to get annoyed. HELP!!!!!! Please I beg you! lol

I use air compressor fittings from Lowes for CO2. I have two different tanks and regs so I have the female connector threaded into the regs. Any other device that needs CO2 gets the male part.

But what about sizing, I have 5/16 ID hoses for gas and all of the fittings are for either 1/4 or 3/8? Do I go bigger and force the 3/8 into the 5/16 hose or go smaller and use 1/4 with tightly screwed hose clamps?

johnsonbrew said:
I have been trying to put together some quick disconnects for my CO2 tank. I am trying to put together 3 different systems so I can use 1 CO2 tank. I have a keezer, I am building a jockey box and I want a simple line to make it easier to clean and force carb kegs. My LHBS has a system but its $22 bucks for one system and $13 for each of the extra couplers. I thought it would be easy to find the pieces elsewhere but I am finding that the sizes are not for a 5/16 hose like I have for the gas. Can I just use 1/4 inch pieces and make sure to tighten down the hose with the hose clamps or is there something easier and cheaper that any of you are using. I am trying to keep my eyes closed to the overall cost but SWMBO is starting to get annoyed. HELP!!!!!! Please I beg you! lol

I put together a manifold based on 1/4 inch because the valves we less bulky and they had all the pieces at Lowes. The valves were with the air compressor tools and the barbs and extensions and splitters were in the plumbing section. They have all the quick disconnects with the air tools and they come in 1/4 inch. Black air hose was 32 cents a foot so it's easy to make a new system. The parts run about 7 bucks a piece on average so it's a better deal than the LHBS. I will be looking into disconnects as well in the near future. Good luck.

Back