2007 samuel adams home brew contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol... imagine being a judge for this??? You are literally trusting thousands of people when you taste their swill.... whos to say there isnt a nut job putting antifreeze in his beer???

As far as them taking your recipe... who cares unless you are a professional brewer. I recently won a free camera from the jets and canon with their shoot like a pro contest. I had to give up all rights to my photograph that I submitted. While I do own my own photo business and giving up rights to work is usually not done, I did get paid for it in the form of a free camera, free binoculars, free sideline tickets where I met adam sandler, kevin james, and joe namath, 4 free stadium tickets, and me with my name on the jumbotron. Do I feed bad about giving up rights to my work?? HELL NO!

www.nyjets.com/canon
www.jdhaesloop.com/nyj

;)

this is true, they may sell the beer and make money off of it, but they give you 5,000. Nothing is going to stop you from brewing it at home, and most likley you would never sell it anyways,so I think its a win win situation!

Last year's winners are pretty damn good. I'd love the recipe for the "old ale."

Picked up a 6er from the LHBS when I got my last set of ingredients, and still have to taste the boisenberry version.

If I ever come up with a real winner on my own, I might enter...

Nice. I was hoping this thread would re-surface, and have my fingers crossed that everyone can refrain from assa-9 claims about the 'fairness' of the process. I'm honestly interested to see if any HBT'rs are going to submit brews, and I'm actualy thinking of doing so myself.

Agreed, pumbaa, that was top-notch craziness.:D

I'm entering the Irish Red that I just put into secondary. I figure I won't stand a chance, but for the cost of shipping the brew, I get a judges score sheet to help me fix some problems I might be having with my brews. As far as if I win, giving up the rights to the recipe, I figure it can't hurt anything and I'd have something pretty sweet to brag about.

Wonder if it's worth it for us beginner brewers? Especially with extracts. They'll probably have ka-jillion entries on that stuff.

Maybe next year. I figure it will take that long before I get to the point where I'd feel confident entering my brew in any contest.

I am considering entering an Irish Red ale that is too dark to be called red. Perhaps I can call it a brown ale?

Back