So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting my starter ready for a California common then getting the grain bill crushed at the lhbs later today. Brewing will commence tomorrow.

It’s 7 degrees today, makes for a great day to brew a Irish ☘️ Red. Cheers

5AC75EED-715E-4943-90B9-6848D46B0FE1.jpeg

Had a mini terrible situation as my sparge was stuck. This had me get my daughter to assist as I poured into my ten gal kettle lined with a mesh bag. Had to do it for the 2nd running as well. Added about 30 minutes to the process, but the boil is going well. Hopefully the crisis was averted!

Been trying to get a lager in for the last month now. Time and weather have not been on my side by any means.

Going to be brewing up a couple this weekend. Going with an Irish Red Ale and a Caribou Slobber to have all kegged up for St. Paddy's Day. Hopefully they will turn out great for our celebration in O'Neill the Irish Capital of Nebraska. :)

Superbowl day brewing a pre pro pils with locally grown 6row, polenta from a a still-functioning local mill, and cluster hops. Mt. Hood to finish.

Unfortunately my ingredients we're delayed by the weather, so I will have to wait until the next warm spell here in eastern Iowa.

I'm not new here been reading for 5+ years but today I decided to subscribe and be active.

I'm brewing a 10gal batch of an Imperial Stout with Blackberries. I want to get something similar to Founders Lizard of Koz. It's for my gf bday she's dark, but sweet inside and she loves Stouts so

Think I'm finally going to brew Revvy's Kentucky Common recipe that I've had bookmarked for several years. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...ntucky-common-ale.290419/page-11#post-8509335

I haven't decided whether to add a tiny bit of aroma hops (Mt Hood) or just go straight Cluster @ 60. Either way would be historically accurate from what I can tell.

Funny, those are the exact ingredients I'm waiting for, 11 gallon batch two different yeast. US05 and s-23 lager yeast for a side by side. It'll be my " working in the yard" beer theough the spring, if it lasts that long.

After waiting two weeks will finally get to brew my Brown Something on not-so-super Sunday. Not interested in watching the game (except of course the commercials), but hoping the Rams beat the Paytriots (misspelling intended, YES bitter Seahawks fan here). Just need to get some more propane and exchange the co2 tank tomorrow. And my mother gets to come home tomorrow after only a bare 10 days in acute rehab from her stroke, going to be a great weekend! Just gotta get through work tonight and BFF's Bra party tomorrow before brew day is ON. Sometimes a girl has to be a girl, then she's a brewer again.

FedEx just delivered my French saison yeast and lavender flowers for one of my NHC entries. Will try to brew that this weekend. Just turned my fermentation chamber down to 38 to cold crash my red kolsch.

I did the cereal mash for that Kentucky Common, and just finished grinding the malt. I was a half ounce short on the black malt so I added a half ounce of black barley; should be close enough. This is my first time using Sauergut (German noun, that's why it's capitalized) to acidify my strike water.

Currently Brewing a Belgian Tripple for the first time. I have 2 pounds of candy sugar I plan to add the last 5 minutes of the boil. Any thoughts?

Brown Something mashed out well and is preparing to boil now. Wort is quite sweet with some nice roasty/toasty notes. Looking at BJCP will be either a British Dark Mild or a British Brown, depends on what ABV we get. Damn proud of making my first beer with my own roasted/caramelized malt. New jacket for the mash tun did great as well, only lost 2 degrees where I usually lose 5-8. Only hitches in the day are I lost my pitcher for transferring (it has got to be here somewhere) and we have a co2 leak in the kegerator which I cannot find for the life of me.

Latest posts

Back