South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 35!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lordura said:
still sending them out... for anyone who received one that said Feb 25th.... i ment Jan 25th :)

One to many!:drunk:

Phew good thing I read the replies and not just went by the pm!!!! I thought 6 weeks seemed wrong !!!

I am unable to make it on the 25th at 8PM. Is there anyone on the list who lives near Manayunk/Bala Cynwyd/Wynnewood who could pick up my two bags of grain? I would greatly appreciate it and willing to give you a few bucks or homebrew. Let me know. Thanks.

I am unable to make it on the 25th at 8PM. Is there anyone on the list who lives near Manayunk/Bala Cynwyd/Wynnewood who could pick up my two bags of grain? I would greatly appreciate it and willing to give you a few bucks or homebrew. Let me know. Thanks.

I live in Manayunk and could pick up the bags for you.

Is anyone from the Dover area (or anywhere south of philly) able to pick mine up for me? I can't make it...there will be liquid compensation for such a generous act!

Still a little early yet, but they are calling for snow on Friday... :mad:
yeah...I saw that too:

"Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Light and variable wind becoming west around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%"

is that going to stop this from happening?

yeah...I saw that too:

"Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Light and variable wind becoming west around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%"

is that going to stop this from happening?

By no means am I the expert on this, but I would assume this would delay delivery. Of course, wait for Lordura to post. I'm sure he'll be checking in soon.

If we are delayed, F-it! I'm brewing in the snow! :rockin:

I saw that also. I've been watching it and it keeps pushing further away. It does look as if we will be fine but I'll check it out again tomorrow and PM if thee is any problem.

There's been a change of plans on my end for tomorrow, so assuming there is no delay from snow, could someone hold my grain please?

hate to say but monday's not any better for me :( any chance someone could grab my grain? I'm actually closer to Central PA these days, so if anyone is closer that way it would be awesome :D but I appreciate it wherever you are! :mug:

ugh...70% chance of snow/sleet/wintry mix now...we going to push it back again to keep the grain dry?

before 1pm... after 1 it should be fine. it's a warm front moving in, so it will get better as the day moves on

Just checked the weather again... looks like a 60% chance of rain tomorrow night. It sucks and i hate doing it but i'm going to have to PM everyone now to push it off to Thursday. Winter weather is an unfortunate factor right now.

I need to start looking for a warehouse.

just sent 40+ PMs :mad:
Sorry folks.... old man winter is really screwing with us this time! It is going to rain on our parade AGAIN!

If anyone has a possible indoor location we can use for the future, please let me know [email protected]

The new pickup date will be Thursday Jan 31st

I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

If you are having trouble making it Thursday, please make arrangements to have someone else hold your grain.
If you need me to grab it (i'm in Audubon, NJ 08106) Please let me know.

Please call if you have any questions. xxx-xxx-xxxx

The pickup has been set for Thursday Jan 31st at 8:00pm!

Cheers! :mug:

Hey guys,
Im going to try to make other arrangements, but as of now thursday doesnt look good for me. I live is washington township NJ, anyone around that area able to grab my grain? if not anyone in general abel to grab it? I'll wont know for sure till Wednesday morning if i can make thursday. Silly winter weather!

Hey guys,
Im going to try to make other arrangements, but as of now thursday doesnt look good for me. I live is washington township NJ, anyone around that area able to grab my grain? if not anyone in general abel to grab it? I'll wont know for sure till Wednesday morning if i can make thursday. Silly winter weather!

Never mind, got things moved around

Would anyone be interested in group buying plastic kegs from plastickegs.com? I want to move to these and away from corny's. PM me if you are interested. I will make a new thread if the interest is there.

Southern_Junior said:
Would anyone be interested in group buying plastic kegs from plastickegs.com? I want to move to these and away from corny's. PM me if you are interested. I will make a new thread if the interest is there.

How much do they cost?

I agree, I thought this would be an alternative to buying corneys. I would be inclined to buy them even if they were the same price, but they arent... So... Corney keezer, here I come.

If anyone that is coming to pick up grain tonite could use some bottles, send me a pm. I have a couple of cases of belgian style bottles that are cleaned and the labels are removed. I need to clear some shelf space in the garage.

oh my...

is this gonna happen?!? no rain/snow tonight?!

oh course we might blow away, but at least we should stay dry!

natural320 said:
oh my...

is this gonna happen?!? no rain/snow tonight?!

oh course we might blow away, but at least we should stay dry!
Lead boots are going to be a must tonight!

A couple quick notes about tonight...

I will have plastic sheeting in case the ground is still wet but feel free to bring a trap if you have one.

If you are splitting grain tonight, and want to be exact, bring a scale. You can always just eyeball it. Homer buckets from Home Depot or Lowes work great. Maybe bring a trash bag to protect anything you will have sitting on the ground.

Always double check your bags to make sure you have the right one. 2Row and Pale are different. Pale and Maris Otter are also different. Make sure you have the correct brand too.

When you arrive, come see me and i'll mark your bags off the list.

Other than that, see everyone tonight!

Back