Flatlander's Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
This time tomorrow I'll be sampling an impressive number of fine ales and lagers from around the world. I have to travel to the big city but SWMBO, who will not be attending, will amuse herself for the duration and ensure Fingers and friends get home safely if(when) the tastings reach their inevitable conclusion.

I've never been to one of these before. I was kind of surprised that the $28 price of admission gives you 5 samples and you buy an additional 5 samples for $3. I wonder what the rest of the money goes to? I imagine the vendors pay for the right to attend so at least a portion of the admission must go to 'value added' initiatives.

Is it a good idea to have plenty of cash at these things? Other than the refills. I don't normally carry cash with me but I don't want to miss an opportunity to pick up some cool schwag from some of these breweries. Do they peddle a lot of stuff?

Back