Help... my tripple is dying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dondiego

Reaction score
I kegged a Belgian six days ago and I am getting nothing short of a violent spew out of the tap. The out post is leaking badly when I pull the disconnect off. Bad oring? Or installed wrong? How does does the pop up and oring go back in the post. The oring does have a flat side to it. My brew shop is closed today, so I'm bummed..:(

If this is a corny keg the spring loaded thing with claws opposite the Oring is called (at least in some places) a poppet valve.

The claw end should be sitting on the flared end of the out tube if everything was lined up good on re-assembly.

For today you can maybe take the post off, push the poppet out and lube it up good with some keg lube. Or just leavgfe it tapped. With a black connector on their the poppet will be down/open and the beer tubing will be at the same pressure as the keg.

I think the leaking out post poppet is a separate problem from the foam at the tap. How was the beer carbonated, how many volumes, and how long /what diameter is the hose from your keg to your tap?

Thanks for the reply. I since found that the o-ring belonged around the down tube and not inside of the top post. Geez. Thats how it was set up when I got the corny. Its flowing just fine now I will consider the other things you mentioned. Ive only been brewing for a month and everybody involved with home brewing in general have been really cool and helpful even with the dumbest questions. Seems like a pretty cool aliance every body brewing.

Back