Any good tv drinking games?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

germanmade84

Reaction score
My suggestion is (if u have watch several episodes...). Holmels on Homes, everytime mike mentions VAPOR BARRIOR. or MOISTURE BARRIOR. take a drink. If u have seen the show, you will know that u would probably be feeling good after a 1 hr show!

A few friends and I used to watch old episodes of legends of the hidden temple and place drink bets on who would win each round and then drink when they did something stupid (which was way too often)

In the first few years of college some buddies and i would watch cops and take a shot every time somebody got arrested. This usually began after we had been drinking and ran out of things to do.

My wife and I came up with a drinking for Adventure Time and it worked pretty well. The rules were pretty much take a drink when (insert fairly common, but not too common, occurence) happens.

this is one my wife made up using the MST3K episode of Mitchell. every time someone say's Mitchell, take a drink. we've been playing that for years & never seen anyone make it through the whole thing. take our challenge and be honest about how you hold up. and you also have to kill your drink when they say, "Just pour dad."

My wife saw one on Pinterest where you cut out a mustache and affix it to your tv anytime someone's face lines up with it you drink. Can put more on to drink more frequently

This is a tough one. When I was much younger, a group of us used to watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas around this time of year, and we had to drink everyone someone say the word "Who".

This is a bit weird but listen to Sean Hannity and every time someone gets called a "Great American" take drink. You'll be wasted in two or three calls.

This is a tough one. When I was much younger, a group of us used to watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas around this time of year, and we had to drink everyone someone say the word "Who".

Now that would be a game that would bring a big hairy beer drinking sailer to his knees in short order.

Storage Wars. Take a drink ever time Dave Hester says "Yuuuup!!" It won't take long to start feeling good, especially if they have a Storage Wars marathon. :)

Billy-Klubb said:
this is one my wife made up using the MST3K episode of Mitchell. every time someone say's Mitchell, take a drink. we've been playing that for years & never seen anyone make it through the whole thing. take our challenge and be honest about how you hold up. and you also have to kill your drink when they say, "Just pour dad."

I love show. Haven't watched it in forever.

watch jeopardy and take a swig everytime alex T acts like a ******-now that friends---- is drunk-

Alex "the letter D is the category-
"sweet stache and game show host"

Contestant "what is alex trabec?"

Alex "Oh sorry thats only partially correct-the correct answer is ******"
"remember- the letter D is the category"

I love show. Haven't watched it in forever.

one of my personal favorites is Space Mutiny. every time they make a Santa Claus or railing death reference you drink. we also added the bonus of evry time they come up with a new name for the big guy (Splint Hardcheese!), you drink.

In college we'd watch Bill and Teds excellent adventure and every time they said dude or excellent take one drink. When they played air guitar it was bottoms up.

I can't believe no one has said this: the Futurama drinking game. Whenever you see the robot you drink! To make it serious, any time the robot leaves the screen and return its a drink. Great for bender centric episodes.

I also love to drink while I watch top shot.

I also have a program that makes a shotgun noise every minute for an hour, 100, or 200 minutes. Great to combine with planet earth (leads to some awkward shotgun induced screen cuts)

Easy. Watch CSI Miami, and drink every time David Caruso (i.e. Lt. Horatio Caine) finishes a sentence by turning and looking at the person he's actually speaking to.

Guaranteed party right there. Once you notice it, you can't ignore it.

How about Big Bang Theory. Take a drink any time someone uses a word with more than 3 syllables. If you really want to get drunk fast, make it every word with 3 syllables or more.

Homeland:

Militant Version:
Drink every time someone says "terrorist attack".
Drink every time someone says "nine eleven".
Drink every time someone says "homeland security".

Veteran Version:
Drink whenever Carrie cries.
Drink whenever Brody lies.
Drink whenever Saul happens to have more swagger than anyone else in the room combined.
Drink whenever anyone doesn’t believe Carrie.
Drink whenever it turns out Carrie was right and proves everyone wrong.

Not a TV show, but still as good IMO..

Happy Gilmore.. Drink every time the word "Happy" is said, in any context!

starsman20 said:
In college we'd watch Bill and Teds excellent adventure and every time they said dude or excellent take one drink. When they played air guitar it was bottoms up.

Or when someone says "Dude" during the Big Lebowski. I know I wouldn't be able to finish that game.

There used to be one for Star Trek that was a blast if you were a fan. Probably available online somewhere... I recall Original Series and Next Generation versions.

From memory, "drinks" occurred any time Picard would say "engage", anyone would straighten his shirt, anytime Wesley Crusher would do something annoying, etc., and increasing in volume all the way up to very rare events... Like drinking an entire beer for a saucer separation or anytime Data experienced a near sexual encounter.

Will have to look those up. :)

The Walking Dead drinking game. There's many different versions. One is you pick a character and every time that person kills a walker you drink. Another good addition used to be that you drank every time T-Dawg spoke...can't really do that anymore...Or every time Laurie said "Where's Carl?"

Storage Wars. Take a drink ever time Dave Hester says "Yuuuup!!" It won't take long to start feeling good, especially if they have a Storage Wars marathon. :)

You can also drink every time Brandi stands around while Jarrod unloads a locker by himself, every time Jarrod is wrong about the value of a locker Brandi buys, every time Darrell gets all pissy, every time Barry bids against himself, and every time Barry decides to keep a collectible instead of selling it. You'll basically be drinking through the entire episode.

Reservoir Dogs was a go-to in high school. As for TV, I'd have to think that How I Met Your Mother has the potential for a great drinking game, especially if you watch blocks of the show on Netflix. Every time Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) says the following: any derivative of "Legendary," or "true story." I've been watching Community lately, and only season 2 yields any promising drinking-game fodder (whenever Chang uses his name as a substitute for a word). The show has other properties, that decorum prohibits me from listing (but they all involve Alison Brie).

Back