Cracked open the growler and...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joerockt

Reaction score
I have made beer! :rockin:

Ok, so its only been just over a week since I bottled, but I am VERY happy with the results so far. The taste of the Amber Ale I brewed is great. It almost has a Sammy Adams BL taste to it. Has a good amount of carbonation, but I'm sure when I give the rest of the batch another week or 2 it should be better. Clarity is decent I guess for an Ale and considering the fact that I didnt use any clarifier's.

The only thing I noticed is the "mouthfeel" I guess would be the term. I dont want to say it feels watered down, because it sure dosent taste that way. But it dosent seem as "thick" as I am used to. Any ideas on that one?

Let it fully carbonate before judging the mouthfeel too much. That makes a huge difference.

Congrats on a successful brew! Now, put the beers away, give them another two weeks, and you'll be amazed how much *better* they are...

the_bird said:
Let it fully carbonate before judging the mouthfeel too much. That makes a huge difference.

Congrats on a successful brew! Now, put the beers away, give them another two weeks, and you'll be amazed how much *better* they are...

Yep, you were exactly right. Its been almost 4 weeks now and the carbonation is perfect.

Back