Incognito bar build. The B'armoire.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foamenter

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Time to take it off the drawing board, and into reality.... 4 kegs on tap, room for liquor, wine, glassware, Sketchup tested, SWMBO approved. :rockin:

armoire.jpg

armoire2.jpg

barmoire2.jpg

barmoire_concept_pic.JPG

Now I just need to build it. (and get some more kegs.):D

Haha, that's great. IS the bottom part going to be refrigerated? How is that going to work?

that will be nicw when its finished its pretty creative also

yeah, the bottom will be cooled with components from a kegerator that is rusted out, but cools like a champ. The front is just open on the pics for illustrative purposes. It will have a removable panel that holds the insulation in place.

Here's a update. I want to maximize usable countertop space in the middle, so I'm moving the faucets to the sides, at an angle.

Oh yeah, I love a good reciprocating saw. You can open your fridge from the back. :D

Faucet boxes( kinda like a coffin) are framed up, and got the tiles cut for counter tops. Marble tiles on clearance @ Lowe's for $2.68 ea. Also got the kegerator cooling components mounted.

And yes, I have no garage or basement, so I do all my constructing in our carport, using the bed of my truck as a work bench.

barmoire5_Medium_.JPG

barmoire6_Medium_.JPG

Wow- that's so awesome. That's the kind of bar I'd love to have in my house. I don't have a nice area for relaxing, we only have the living room and office, so that would be ideal for someone like me. It's a great idea, and it'll be a beautiful piece of furniture, too. Wow. :rockin:

That is sweet. I love the name to.

It makes a lot of sense for people with less space. Right now I only have one fridge in the house, so with the keg and c02 +food its a little crowded.

Great idea.

you sure those little legs are gonna hold up the all the additional weight?

No, I'm pretty sure they won't, thanks for reminding me. The last thing I need is to get it built and stocked, and have the whole thing fall over. :eek:
I'm trying to get this done by this weekend, and that is one of the things I thought about that didn't make it on my list.

Another reason to post to HBT during construction, there are a lot of experienced eyes on here. If anybody sees other potential problems, please speak up!!

:mug:

My keezer is on a dolly...you may want to think about that too.

You could measure the inside perimeter and mount sturdy wheels to a 2X4 to locate the wheels behind the legs...make sure to leave room for the wheels to swivel. ;)

Nice idea, can't wait to see the finished product. How are you planning on sealing the front of the cold box? It would be a shame if you got condensation and the veneer started to bubble up.

How are you planning on sealing the front of the cold box?

The front panel will be 1/2" plywood, laminated to 1.5" foam, laminated to FRP panel. The FRP will seal against a weatherstrip that will be attached to the outermost FRP surface in the cooler. I have caulked the crap out of it, and plan on using at least two weather strips, maybe three.

I don't think I'll have much humidity, but just in case, I'll add some DampRid( or at least calcium chloride ice melt ;)) into the cooler.

I'll also add a pvc/vinyl j-channel below the evaporator to catch any drips, and add a tube to direct the water either out the back, or into a jar.

I hope it stays dry!!

Well, here's a tip for ya'.

If the caulk you're using doesn't tack and never hardens(after 2 rainy days), don't blame the humidity. Check the expiration date.

I just returned the tube to Lowe's, and noticed as it sat on the customer service counter that the use by date was 08/09!:mad: I bought it last week.

Now I have to wipe off the slimy, uncured silicone goop, and recaulk.

PITA!

Are you a carpenter by trade?

Nope, I just like power tools. If I did stuff like this for a living, it would not be nearly as fun.

I'm actually an erstwhile cost estimator (residential construction wasn't doing so hot right) who has decided the time is right to go back to school. I'll be starting on my master's in January.

And I like to brew beer. :mug:

THis is really awesome! Maybe I've missed it, but do you plan on cooling your lines up to the tap?

do you plan on cooling your lines up to the tap?

I haven't settled on a solution yet. I'll be running the tubing inside 1" emt conduit (since I already have some) with pipe insulation around it. For now, I'll probably also run some copper tubing along with the lines, just for conduction.

If that doesn't work well enough, I'll either pump water or air into the faucet boxes.

Looks fantastic! And with those nice short runs to the cold box I can pretty much guarantee that you wont need cooling to the shanks - my keezer's beer line runs are longer than that and have no problem.

Sweet work! :mug:

Halloween party setup, still need the permanent lighting installed and 2 more beers brewed, (brewed a winter ale during the party(a la boulevard nutcracker) )

The first beer from each tap was 90% foam, from then on the pours were perfect.

So far, I love the barmoire. This doesn't scream DIY, which significantly raises the SWMBOAF. Right now it's in our dining room, which is where I think it will stay. :ban:

I'll post an overall picture later, showing the other cabinet, and the doors closed, etc.

PA310479_Medium_.JPG

PA310480_Medium_.JPG

PA310481_Medium_.JPG

PA310485_Medium_.JPG

Back