Brown tobacco looking floaters.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jroc

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at brewing. I am brewing a cream ale from a BrewHouse kit. I have followed the directions to a cue, and proper sanitary procedures were followed.

When I racked to my secondary the day after there were little brown fleks floating around just below the surface of the beer. They look exactly like flakes of ciggarete tabbaco. They dont seem to be growing.

Any ideas? I know this question is asked a whole bunch, but just want some ease of mind. I hope it turns out great tasting.

Thanks

Most likley is just chunks of hops floating around, RDWHAHB or anything else on hand until yours is ready :mug:

most likely, harmless floating trub.

the good news is if it IS a bacterial infection or wild mold...its too late now to do anything.

so, either way, relax, and have a microbrew (since your beer isn't done yet).

seriously though, its probably normal...hard to say without pictures, but a big part of this hobby is simply experience. it sounds like you sanitized proper, so I really wouldn't worry.

Back