Beer Recipe that dosn't taste like beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cap46

Reaction score
I have a freind who has been instructed by a Docter to drink 5 beers a day
only problem is she doesn't like the taste of beer. We all need a Docter like that. But back to the problem. Does anyone have a recipe for a beer that really doesn't taste like beer. I thought my chocolate stout would be good but my wife says it tastes like beer. It tastes like chocolate to me. I don't want to experiment a lot on something that I will have to drink or worst pour out.

Try some belgian beers. They rarely taste like beer as we know it. Especially lambics. BTW, how do I make an appointment with that doctor?

I have to ask... why would her Dr. suggest drinking 5 beers a day? That seems like quite a lot to really be healthy. (If it's personal or just 'none of my business', that's fine... don't respond.)

-walker

try a belgian whit beer, or a fruity ale (blueberry, raspberry).
or have them drink bud light or miller light!!!! :~)

I didn't really ask why. I have brewed belgiain wits. I was thinking maybe a pale ale with fruit.

Something like Lindeman's Frambois tastes nothing like beer to me. I would never recommend an american light lager that's full of corn like bud, coors, or miller. They might not taste very "beery" but they are nasty! By the way, I lump Yuengling Lager into that nasty type of beer as well. That's a pee beer in disguise!

cap46 said:
I have a freind who has been instructed by a Docter to drink 5 beers a day
only problem is she doesn't like the taste of beer. We all need a Docter like that. But back to the problem. Does anyone have a recipe for a beer that really doesn't taste like beer. I thought my chocolate stout would be good but my wife says it tastes like beer. It tastes like chocolate to me. I don't want to experiment a lot on something that I will have to drink or worst pour out.

This has got to be the wierdest thread on this entire forum.
5 beers a day?
A beer that doesn't taste like beer?

Has this sick person or whatever ever tried something called WINE?
Maybe this person should try and find a new doctor as well. :rolleyes:

Lindemann's lambics are tasty (if not entirely traditional), and don't taste real "beery". My wife is not a beer fan, but she loves that stuff. Also, most of those drinks that are supposedly made by liquor companies (like Bacardi Silver, Smirnoff Ice, etc) are just flavored malt liquor. Might not work, depending on what she's supposed to be getting from her beer regimen.

The 5 beer a day thing sounds kinda odd to me too, though.

ORRELSE said:
5 beers a day?

What's even weirder is normally sane people questioning a legitimate reason to drink five beers a day. ;)

I'd go for something like Mike's Hard Lemon...it doesn't taste like beer at all, but technically it kind of is.

I read somewhere that over 2 drinks a day you are technically an alcoholic. :drunk:

I wonder if my boss will take an excuse from my doctor...? Hmmm?? :D

Chances are the doctor is recommending something to do with yeast for the stomach. Ever try yogurt? Plain yogurt for breakfast is about the healthiest food you can eat early in the morning. Me, naw, I can't stand the stuff unless it has fruit and sugar in it.

Granola in yogurt is good...I bet if you dried/toasted the spent grains and tossed them in some yogurt they'd be great. :)

Walker said:
I have to ask... why would her Dr. suggest drinking 5 beers a day? That seems like quite a lot to really be healthy. (If it's personal or just 'none of my business', that's fine... don't respond.)

-walker
Isn't it obvious? He's trying to get her drunk so he can take advantage of her :p

ORRELSE said:
5 beers a day?

Speaking of wierd, your avatar is wierd!! :drunk:
Why would anyone want to brew anything that doesn't taste like beer???? :confused: Just buy her whatever and make the beer for yourself!!!

Sure, 5 beers a day...a beer that doesn't taste like beer...hmmmm....could it be BUDWEISER?????

Good artlcles by the way.

Incidently, one of the reasons you always see fat friars and monks is because during Lent they had to fast (no food) so instead (of food) they were alloted 5 liters of beer a day!

homebrewer_99 said:
Incidently, one of the reasons you always see fat friars and monks is because during Lent they had to fast (no food) so instead (of food) they were alloted 5 liters of beer a day!
I knew there was a reason why I always wanted to be a friar...I thought it was just cuz I have chicken legs. :D :drunk:

dunno if this was suggested, but brew a batch without hops, basically making a malt. It will be sweet, and alcoholicy , just no bitter hop taste

Back