What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20130331_160451.jpg

Terrapin Mosaic single-hop Red Rye. Well made, but smells better than the taste (which is still tasty!). Now I know what's "wrong" about my 2nd keg of Sculpin clone: dry-hopped with my first oz of Mosaic.

Love this beer. I've got a bottle of it that I've been waiting to drink. Also, a bottle from last year that I want to try. I wonder how it has changed in a year.

Its awesome now just wish I would have been selfish and drank the whole bottle myself

Double chocolate milk stout I made a little while ago. Did a partial mash using a Coopers OS Stout kit as a base. Used a whole bar of unsweetened baker's chocolate and a pound of lactose. There is a skim of what I think is fat on the top of each bottle so I poured the beer into the glass through a strainer. The stout tastes fine but I don't think I'll be able to offer it to anyon e else.

I'm out of town for work, so I thought I'd try a sixer of Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPA. Not bad, but definitely not an IPA. Maybe an under-hopped Pale ale. It's better than the stuff I've been getting here though. I can actually taste the hops, yay!

My brother just gave me a big bottle of ska brewing's Decadent IPA. 10% abv...Probably shouldn't drink it now. I'll wait until next weekend. (I've had and enjoyed their Modus Hoperandi)

Love this beer. I've got a bottle of it that I've been waiting to drink. Also, a bottle from last year that I want to try. I wonder how it has changed in a year.

It's pasteurized so it probably hasn't changed at all and if it has, not for the better. A good excuse to drink up!

I got bored after the fun, food, family, and friends had come and gone. So, I decided to bottle my spring honey ale, while enjoying quite a few HB cream ales.

ForumRunner_20130331_185617.png

The Hole in Hadrian's Wall. Brewed with heather tips. Woody/Belgiany tangy/citrus for a scottish ale. Not the malty scottish ale I was expecting. Not bad though,its different for shure. Dry and overcarbnated also giving it that bite.

Bíere de garde grav sample. Third try on this one and it getting much closer. Mashed higher and used less sugar to keep it from thinning out as much. Instead of all base malt, added oats to try and get better head retention, some 120 for more caramel and dark fruit, and a little debittered black for color.

image-1821317526.jpg

A locally made Belgian made from a yeast only produced every three years, and although I could not brew with it and give it any justice (yet), it is definitely a treat on a warm spring day!

Sour porter #2. Need to brew more of this. Not terribly complex, but quick and very sour.

image-2796772021.jpg

A Leffe Blond here in Bocas del Toro, Panama where there is a surprisingly good selection of Beligian brews available.

Despite all reviews I read of this saying it didn't even come close to the hype I had to try it anyway. Unfortunately the reviews were accurate. Now, to be fair, it's a good IPA, it's just nothing special. Not much in the way of aroma, but what's there is slightly fruity and a little dank. The hop flavor is kind of muddled, but it's prominent and if you're not looking for anything in particular it's pleasant. The bitterness is good, not too harsh and is the strongest portion of the hop character. Overall, it's good but at $14 for a bomber it's simply not worth it.

20130331_205300.jpg

Despite all reviews I read of this saying it didn't even come close to the hype I had to try it anyway. Unfortunately the reviews were accurate. Now, to be fair, it's a good IPA, it's just nothing special. Not much in the way of aroma, but what's there is slightly fruity and a little dank. The hop flavor is kind of muddled, but it's prominent and if you're not looking for anything in particular it's pleasant. The bitterness is good, not too harsh and is the strongest portion of the hop character. Overall, it's good but at $14 for a bomber it's simply not worth it.

Love the glass.

I picked up a case of this pretty cheaply. I'm going to drink one every 3-6 months.

Nice I remember last year they didnt have a price on it when just released and I got a steal of a regular craft beer price for it from unknowing employees. I notice a fruity/english carmel aroma and taste more noticable than I realized from before.Has a very robust rich finish. Im going to compare last years to this years one of these weeks. I think Im actually going to age this one more appropriatley as well maybe every six months-thats pretty patient for myself. I give myself credit for saving one from last year though. Need to get some 2013 ruthless- think I actually have a bottle or two of that from last year as well.

Back